project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: MAJOR BUG -- switching between full-screen and windowed mode ejects to main menu  (Read 4494 times)

Offline CheeseshireCat

• Rookie
    • View Profile

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
and now? should we do what? without detailed information we can not do anything about it. please read the guidelines about reporting bugs again!

Offline CheeseshireCat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I did, and already asked -- *where* is console log stored? I couldn't find it in UFOAI install folder, nor in user/savegame folder.

It works the same way on two machines I tried, which have nothing in common. One is Acer Aspire One netbook with WinXP Home Russian, Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB RAM and onboard Intel Mobile 945 video card, whether running at 1024x600 (built-in screen) or 1280x1024 (external monitor). Another is Core2Duo with 2GB RAM and NVidia GeForce 7600 under XP Pro English, so it seems totally irrelevant to the system.

I could also attach a savegame, but that'd be just *any* savegame, because it is irrelevant to the game situation, either :P You switch between fullscreen/windowed, you get booted to the main menu afterwards, losing your game. Simple as pie.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
FAQ

savegames are not important here - and i doubt that the ufoconsole.log has useful information for us. it would be cool if you could retry it with 2.3.2 (once released) or 2.4-dev (if you wanna self-compile). these versions have auto-stacktrace generation support and that might help
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:55:55 pm by Mattn »

Offline CheeseshireCat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Just in case... Here's the log of the following actions: game start (in windowed mode), loading savegame, switching to fullscreen which brings me to *main* menu, loading savegame, switching to windowed (main menu again), exiting.

Offline CheeseshireCat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Also... Dunno if it's in any way related. When I start in windowed mode, I have, in about 2/3 of cases, window messed up in either a way that top of the should-be-visible area (including notification bar) hidden under the window title bar, or the bottom of the should-be-visible area cut off (not too noticeable on geoscape, but very much in combat mode).

Edit: attached the screenshot. The white square is another bug, related to trying to handle a medkit, though I didn't quite figure out how and why it happened, either due to r-click, being short on TUs to put it down, or something like that.

Edit2: the black area on top is where the window title is. F12 doesn't capture it...

Edit3: Gah. And forgot to mention. On the geoscape screendshot, notice what the latest notice is? UFO flying towards interceptor. The screenshot itself clearly shows it already being down -- and the relevant message is not visible.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:54:57 pm by CheeseshireCat »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Edit3: Gah. And forgot to mention. On the geoscape screendshot, notice what the latest notice is? UFO flying towards interceptor. The screenshot itself clearly shows it already being down -- and the relevant message is not visible.

Didn't you scroll the messagelist?

-geever

Offline CheeseshireCat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Nope. The scrolling option is available only on the largest (full-screen) messagelist size.

Edit: here are a few screenshots where such a bug didn't happen. Notice the transparency of the messagelist, including a top line, its size and position. When this bug happens, unless I mouseover or expand messagelist, I can't see the current status message at all, and the "top line" on screenshot (that is covered by the window title bar) is blacked out.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:53:59 pm by CheeseshireCat »