project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Wheres all the aliens?  (Read 4284 times)

Offline wheel83

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Wheres all the aliens?
« on: March 16, 2011, 06:06:49 am »
Is there a certain thing I gotta research or do before I start seeing aliens other than Ortoks, blood spiders and the blue guys? Cause i've been playing for a while now, im just about to produce a dragonship thing, but i havn't seen anything but those 3 species of aliens.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Wheres all the aliens?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 01:59:10 pm »
Is there a certain thing I gotta research or do before I start seeing aliens other than Ortoks, blood spiders and the blue guys? Cause i've been playing for a while now, im just about to produce a dragonship thing, but i havn't seen anything but those 3 species of aliens.

Currently there are 4 alien races in the game. More planned, we lack the artwork for them....

-geever

Offline wheel83

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:22:44 am »
Really? oh that sucks. Is there anyone working on concepts for more aliens? I didn't see a demand for it in the lists. I'm a graphic artist and I'd be interested in submitting some concept art for alien species. Is there any specific things that are wanted in the new alien races? Where can I send the images I create and would jpg format be ok for concept art? I am not familiar with creating 3d working models or anything like that, just 2D concept art.
thanks

Offline wheel83

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 04:15:21 am »
Could you please direct me to a list of aliens wanted for the game possibly?

Offline Lord Pavel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 07:12:08 pm »
Here, here and here ?
Try on forum here.

I think, if you make a alien, and it can move, somebody can change the story for include your alien. So, you can make what you want.

Offline wheel83

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 08:36:08 pm »
ok thanks. So does that mean there is no official list of aliens that are wanted for the game? I can just come up with whatever i want? I kind of wanted to have a few clues as to what kind of alien would be put in the game so I don't spend a lot of time drawing something that can never be used.
I'm a graphic designer and I am interested in doing 2D concept art that would later be made into 3D models, animations, etc.. I have no clue how to make 3D models and no time to learn.

If anyone out there is interested in working with me on new aliens that knows how to make 3D models based on my concept art let me know.

I've been thinking of a few aliens inspired by X-Com apocalypse.
Like the giant slug that when killed spawned several smaller slugs, and also the spitter alien who could spit some sort of harmful bacteria, venom, acid, what have you..

heres a link to some photos from the game, the spitter is in there too.
I was thinking of a more realistic approach to the spitter, more inspired by a spitting cobra or something, a feral kind of alien.

http://lparchive.org/X-COM-Apocalypse/Update%2021/

The ideas i have are aliens that are mostly created through biomechanics, sort of like the ortnok, beings created and cloned by the aliens to fill out and diversify thier army.

Does anyone know how I might go about sending my artwork? Which forum page?
thanks

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 01:51:55 am »
Hi wheel83. I think you are unlikely to find a 3D artist interested in implementing your concept drawings. UFO:AI is not like a game studio where there are artists around to do grunt work. Most 3d modellers are interested in implementing their own vision.

But you are welcome to submit drawings in the Artwork forum and you never know, they could inspire someone.

Offline wheel83

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:08:38 am »
thanks, I figured as much but I thought I'd throw it out there.