project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: HEAVY duty support!  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
HEAVY duty support!
« on: December 15, 2010, 10:19:17 pm »
If i happen to have a SHIVA or some other gun like the airborne laser on my dropship (excluding missles and rockets), Wouldn`t it be logical that that heavy weapon on the dropship could be used to mow down some aliens too close to the dropship???

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY duty support!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 04:23:01 pm »
Probably not. Aircraft weapons would cause too much collateral damage and kill civilians.

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 04:57:01 pm »
Makes sence...   ...though i would gladly slaughter every single civilian on the map to save my soldiers...

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:49:27 pm »
Makes sence...   ...though i would gladly slaughter every single civilian on the map to save my soldiers...

If you only care your soldiers health why do you send them to the missions?

-geever

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 05:27:46 pm »
Well if the civies showed a intellect ower the mental capabilities of an ameeba, i might take my task of saving them more seriously...   ...currently they are a herd of sheeps happily walking towards the slaughterhouse AKA harwester. I mean if they don`t evev WANT to live, why to bother  ;D

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 10:02:44 pm »
Besides, the TR-20 Rocket pod specifically mentions that it could be used as a pre-mission softener. SHIVA would also do, since it is rather precise and HE rounds would explode on impact, making them rather good for anti-infantry use.
Pretty much anything could be used, though TR-20 would most likely be the strongest weapon in it.

Offline Lew Yard

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 10:17:32 pm »
If 'craft weapons were fully operational from the ground, your Firebird would never survive getting anywhere near the mission because it's extremely outmatched by any of the UFOs.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 12:28:38 am »
Not from the ground but from the air for softening the enemy a bit. E.g. doing a couple of strafing runs with the SHIVA before actually landing and dropping the troops. Or have an interceptor fire rockets from TR-20 to soften or kill some of the aliens before the actual mission.

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 10:23:54 pm »
Well this could be simulated by adding some random dead aliens and civs to the mission site at the becinning of the mission...