project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can't open doors? Makes fuel depot map unplayable  (Read 6119 times)

Offline merlinme

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Can't open doors? Makes fuel depot map unplayable
« on: August 28, 2010, 07:24:44 pm »
Hi everyone, I've only recently discovered this game. I was a huge fan of the originals and I'm very impressed by what's been achieved by you guys in getting a playable modern version.

I'm struggling to open doors though. I've searched the forum and I can't find anything on this. In particular on the fuel depot map there seems to be a gate leading into the building, with a car park barrier in front of it. I've got my troops standing in front of the gate and I press backspace, but nothing happens. Am I missing something? There doesn't seem to be another way into the building, so unless I can open the gate the map is unplayable. Is there another way to open the gate, e.g. from the console?

A couple of other things I've noticed people talking about which I haven't managed to find yet:

1) I read something about being able to target the head using a sniper rifle. How do you do this?
2) People talk about flash-bangs and smoke grenades. I only seem to have frag grenades. Do I have to research something to get these extra grenade types?

Thanks,

merlin

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Can't open doors? Makes fuel depot map unplayable
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 12:45:02 am »
I'm struggling to open doors though. I've searched the forum and I can't find anything on this. In particular on the fuel depot map there seems to be a gate leading into the building, with a car park barrier in front of it. I've got my troops standing in front of the gate and I press backspace, but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

on that map you should find a (hidden) bomb and blow up the gate

1) I read something about being able to target the head using a sniper rifle. How do you do this?

No you can't aim to body parts.

2) People talk about flash-bangs and smoke grenades. I only seem to have frag grenades. Do I have to research something to get these extra grenade types?

Flashbang and smoke grenades got disabled because they don't yet work (smoke doesn't change the visibility for example).

-geever

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 03:56:44 pm »
opening/closing doors is bound to the key backspace

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 03:57:20 pm »
i looks more or less like we really have to push the mission briefing with a higher priority ;)

Offline LuckyLindy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 03:48:30 pm »
Bomb does work.  I can't get the trigger menu to come up.  When I place it the first time, the actor died and the game ended with "defeat."  I retried and remove the actor after placing it, blew up the gate and the battle ended in "defeat."  Since I have updated to the latest 2.4 development build, however i lost my progress (going to 2.3 to 2.4).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:06:51 pm by LuckyLindy »