Technical support > Linux

Gentoo SDL_image error notes

<< < (2/2)

gravy21:
K. after work I will check it out.

gravy21:
The 0pic.pk3 has the pics tree with envmaps/envmap_0.png in it. I assumed these were unpacked at runtime, but since I may have had an libSDL_image problem it wasn't loading it. Should they have been unpacked during install (maybe an ebuild problem)?

After the libSDL_image upgrade I don't get the envmap_0.png message. The only thing I see in the ufoconsole.log that stands out is:
- Every time it tries to load a sound it can't find xxx/yyy and then the next line is "S_LoadSound: there are 0 joysticks available"
- A couple times it says "SDL ttf version 2.0.9 - we need at least 2.0.7"

Sound isn't working yet (I'll look into it), but everything else seems ok.

geever:

--- Quote from: gravy21 on November 30, 2010, 01:56:17 pm ---Should they have been unpacked during install (maybe an ebuild problem)?

--- End quote ---

No.

-geever

gravy21:
I didn't think so. I have a barebones gentoo snapshot that doesn't have hardly anything on it. I will do a targeted install with the version of libSDL that I had a problem with before and see if it works. That should nail that down to a SDL mismatch or library version problem. That will probably be later tonight.

BTW - Thanks for the support. I hope you guys realize I am not trying to pin this on the game (hence no bug report). From the start I was more leaning towards this being a library or package management problem. The only reason I posted it here is that with every Gentoo versioning problem I have, there are tons of other people who end up in the same situation. Continuous upgrades, libraries going obsolete, and compiling from source tends to lend itself to these situations.

Mattn:
please post the whole ufoconsole.log - the pk3 loading should be printed at the start - if not, there should be search paths printed - check that your pk3 files are really in those paths at the top of the console output (resp. ufoconsole.log)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version