project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: A little feedback on my own.  (Read 2112 times)

Offline XCOMTurcocalypse

• Rookie
    • View Profile
A little feedback on my own.
« on: November 19, 2010, 05:13:53 am »
*Occasional crashes after tossing a medkit to someone.(Left hand toss is a guaranteed crash by me)
*Please try to code the reaction fire system better. It is a crucial part of a jagged alliance-xcom genre, and I never got it working :(
*The alien race: Reduce the scale a bit. A colossal nomadic planetoid scouring one WHOLE galaxy is simply the End Of All Things.Why bother winning, the galaxy is ruined anyway.Make it's progenitor race 2-3 systems away, and make the mothership the home of 3-4 billion and containing the sources of one planetary system who happened to bump into Earth for harvesting.Give a reason why its not attacking wholesale, such as a comet/solar flare/failure disabling its engines
*Ufo Crash recoveries: Look, I LOVE starting up close for a firefight, but this is too close for comfort!
*I LOVE GRENADE LAUNCHERS!(So far better than anything in open field)
*Auto-Combat yields no items. Please let it yield stuff.
*Don't you think ground sams should shoot a bit faster?
*Anti-Matter is going the way of XCOM, only yielded from alien craft. Perhaps in late game you can give a declaration that a high tech lab made some miligrams of antimatter and it can be bought?
*Is there any way you can recreate the RTS way of XCOM 3 or Ufo Aftermath?
*Tropical UFO seems to be very buggy :(
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:36:49 am by XCOMTurcocalypse »

Offline PurpleCaterpillar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: A little feedback on my own.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 08:23:58 am »
>>*Please try to code the reaction fire system better. It is a crucial part of a jagged alliance-xcom genre, and I never got it working :(
Try the latest 2.4 dev version; It's a known issue, work in progress.

>>*The alien race: Reduce the scale a bit ...
There's an ongoing discussion about this, search the forums a bit and join in.  =)
A lot of other people feel the same as you do, BTW.

>>*Ufo Crash recoveries: Look, I LOVE starting up close for a firefight, but this is too close for comfort!
This is a valid point, but I believe it's mostly the fault of the automatic random map assembler.
You can always "Retry" the mission if you don't like the initial layout.
BTW, if you have some coding skills you might want to propose - and implement - an update to the random map assembler, to prevent it from happening.

>>*I LOVE GRENADE LAUNCHERS! (So far better than anything in open field)
Oh yeah, they rock.  =)
BTW, lasers do mighty good work at long range, so don't overlook them (at least pistols as sidearms). You won't regret it!

>>*Auto-Combat yields no items. Please let it yield stuff.
You're right, and it could be a breeze to fix, if you've won the mission.
But what if you've lost?
Suppose 2 soldiers died, the rest wounded, and the simulated result is that the surviving PHALANX soldiers have fled?
Do you get the dead aliens' equipment? Your dead soldiers' equipment?
Hmmm...

>>*Don't you think ground sams should shoot a bit faster?
The rate of fire seems alright to me, but it might require tweaking later on.
I think you'll also get better SAM-like installations, later on in the game.

>>*Anti-Matter is going the way of XCOM, only yielded from alien craft ...
This is a good point, and it's been made before.
Also, note the that basic idea itself contains a major contradiction:
You need anti-matter to shoot UFOs out of the sky, but you need UFOs to land unharmed, for the anti-matter...

>>*Is there any way you can recreate the RTS way of XCOM 3 or Ufo Aftermath?
I'm not a developer, nor an authority of any kind, but I'm 100% the answer is a definite NO.
Forget about it (unless, of course, you can code it and the devs want it in their game).

>>*Tropical UFO seems to be very buggy :(
Also a known issue, and fixed in one of the 2.3.1 branches (IIRC).
Search around, you'll find the link.