project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: If I fire a soldier will he still be found on the pending employees list?  (Read 4192 times)

Ildamos

If I fire a soldier will he still be found on the pending employees list?

And what happens if a Firebird is on route to or from a terror mission and a UFO lands on my base? Will there be soldiers left to defend it?

Thanks for any helpful replies!

Offline Lew Yard

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: If I fire a soldier will he still be found on the pending employees list?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:11 pm »
If I fire a soldier will he still be found on the pending employees list?

Yes.  You can even use fire/hire to instantaneously transfer an employee between bases (sans gear, but you can do the same with the gear using the buy/sell mechanics).

And what happens if a Firebird is on route to or from a terror mission and a UFO lands on my base? Will there be soldiers left to defend it?

Thanks for any helpful replies!

Not unless you've got additional soldiers left behind.  No soldiers left + UFO raid = trashed base.

Offline tctranslation

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 12:35:03 am »
Yes.  You can even use fire/hire to instantaneously transfer an employee between bases
This is really good for someone who doesn't want to pay the bills.  :D

No soldiers left + UFO raid = trashed base.
Well, perhaps that may be something like these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ee0iNWWok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=750jnAj1O24
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 12:42:22 am by tctranslation »

Ildamos

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 02:38:04 pm »
Thanks for the replies and the tip. I'll check the vids when I get home.

Regarding:

Not unless you've got additional soldiers left behind.  No soldiers left + UFO raid = trashed base.

How do you equip your "base defense" squad? Removing them from a Firebird removes their gear. You have to have an extra Firebird?  :o

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 03:30:43 pm »
How do you equip your "base defense" squad? Removing them from a Firebird removes their gear. You have to have an extra Firebird?  :o

When base attack happen, it leads you to equip screen to equip soldiers for the battle (unless you disabled it).
It is for one battle only. Soldiers still wired to aircraft.

-geever

Ildamos

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 01:35:53 am »
When base attack happen, it leads you to equip screen to equip soldiers for the battle (unless you disabled it).
It is for one battle only. Soldiers still wired to aircraft.

-geever

I mean what if my only Firebird is up in the air? How do you leave a homedefense squad? With a second firebird? Or do you mean that even if a Firebird is up ferrying troops midway between a base and an alien landing zone, those same troops can defend your base?

Offline tctranslation

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 01:54:48 am »
The one-shot gears up and down is a good idea since it's always different when trying to kill and being try to kill-ed. I really understand the feeling, really.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 02:09:20 am »
I mean what if my only Firebird is up in the air? How do you leave a homedefense squad? With a second firebird? Or do you mean that even if a Firebird is up ferrying troops midway between a base and an alien landing zone, those same troops can defend your base?

No. "Spare soldiers" defend the base.

For example, you hire 10 soldiers, assign 8 to your Firebird, equip them and send to a mission. Your base get attacked, you can equip the remaining two with equipment left on base and fight with them. No need for a second Firebird (or other dropship). If you have more than eight soldiers at base the first eight will be selected (you cannot choose from them ATM).

When I told you soldiers must be assigned to an aircraft to be able to fight, I've been aware about baseattack missions, I didn't lie. It is done via temporary fake-aircraft codewise this case. Of course the plan is to remove this dependency, but it's not an easy job.

-geever

Ildamos

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 04:35:37 am »
For example, you hire 10 soldiers, assign 8 to your Firebird, equip them and send to a mission. Your base get attacked, you can equip the remaining two with equipment left on base and fight with them.

That cleared things up beautifully. Thanks Geever.