project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Broken HUD WIP  (Read 6451 times)

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Broken HUD WIP
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 11:11:06 am »
I rework a little how we manage HUD on 2.4.dev, then please update your repository if you work on HUDs.
* I rename files as "hud_foo.ufo" (IMO more easy to manage)
* HUD interface is called "hud" (and not "ahud", cause this "a" is an old hack and mean nothing)
* A HUD window can contain a string node called "hudname", witch is used to describe the HUD in the options GUI (if this node is missing, the HUD is not availaible in the option)

Witch allow us to create a HUD in a pk3, visible in the option GUI to the end user.

----

I reworked it again. Now windows have a new event onScriptLoaded, which mean when everything is loaded we invoke this event. Then HUD windows can register themself to the available HUD lists.
BTW, i rename onInit->onWindowOpened and onClose->onWindowClosed. It is important to update your scripts with that.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 04:14:31 pm by bayo »

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 11:18:24 am »
Anyway, if you have original layered PSD file or Gimp file, it is welcome, cause spliting background and icon of button is often a mess

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 02:07:08 pm »
Anyway, if you have original layered PSD file or Gimp file, it is welcome, cause spliting background and icon of button is often a mess

I can make them one image file each, I just thought it would save space to reuse the button images. But I can try the other way. It's not like they're big files to load anyway.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2010, 06:27:49 pm »
One image per layer, cause it is more easy to reuse