project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Failing to build DEB on ubuntu 10.04 64-bit  (Read 2504 times)

Offline grondinm

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Failing to build DEB on ubuntu 10.04 64-bit
« on: September 19, 2010, 12:32:44 am »
hey guys first off great job on the game just got it installed it today from SVN and loving it. my only problem is when i issue make deb i get this error:

~/ufoai/trunk$ make deb
sed 's/-SVNREVISION/-32055/' debian/changelog.in > debian/changelog
debuild binary
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Build conflicts: nvidia-current
debuild: fatal error at line 1304:
You do not appear to have all build dependencies properly met.
You can use mk-build-deps to generate a dummy package which
Depends on all the required packages, or you can install them
manually using dpkg or apt using the error messages just above
this message.
make: *** [deb] Error 1

i am not sure why this is causing an issue i would hate to think that one would have to unistall graphic drivers to make a deb file. how could i bypass this error?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 02:21:22 am by grondinm »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Failing to build DEB on ubuntu 10.04 64-bit
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 12:53:57 am »
hey guys first off grweat job on the game just got it installed it today from SVN and loving it. my only problem is when i issue make deb i get this error:
i am not sure why this is causing an issue i would hate to think that one would have to unistall graphic drivers to make a deb file. how could i bypass this error?

I don't know it's a trouble for us too. But I know, making an installer from the SVN is a bad idea. We changed to Git recently, the latest fixes and developments are only in the Git repository.

-geever

Offline grondinm

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 02:14:47 am »
i did notice that but i was confused because it talked about a different download for the data but then directed to the same build steps from svn which has make install_data....i will get the git file and use those from now on...thanx

here is my noobness coming out...how would i uninstall the version from SVN...i tried make uninstall(which just seemed to be obvious for me) but it did not work...my next thought was that if i build the version from git it will just replace the files but i want to avoid any conflicts...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 02:23:09 am by grondinm »

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 08:06:28 am »
Delete everything from the old ufoai and initialize Git in a new directory. SVN cache (like Git cache) is inside the game directory.