project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: anti matter fuel question & ship components  (Read 2411 times)

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
anti matter fuel question & ship components
« on: September 11, 2010, 12:13:47 am »
Ok I'm getting to the point I'm making the advanced interceptors that use the alien techs & have a question on the AM fuel for them. How much do they use, is it so much per flight or a one time fill up & how much? Wondering since it takes so long to disassemble ships to get the AM & it's rare for a landed ship mission to happen now in my games, I'm worried about fuel for ships. I wish it'd be changed where you could get some from shot down ships on random chance.

Also do the advanced interceptors use any of the alien ship components or should they just be sold off? I know I can use the particle beams as well as the armor but what about the detection, astrogation etc.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: anti matter fuel question & ship components
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 12:53:25 am »
Ok I'm getting to the point I'm making the advanced interceptors that use the alien techs & have a question on the AM fuel for them. How much do they use, is it so much per flight or a one time fill up & how much?

In 2.3 the antimatter needed for a full refill is
* 120 - for a Dragon
* 130 - for a Starchaser
* 145 - for a Stingray
* 186 - for a Raptor

If you haven't emptied the tank on a flight less fuel needed to refill of course.

Note that these values may change if we find them too low or high later.
One for sure: these values should be shown on the UI. This Feature Request (#2326556) was about the same thing (show more info about aircraft), so I added this part to it.

Also do the advanced interceptors use any of the alien ship components or should they just be sold off? I know I can use the particle beams as well as the armor but what about the detection, astrogation etc.

In 2.3 you don't need ship components after researched.
In the latest development version (2.4-dev) producing items (and aircraft) need some of them. It's a new feature. ;)

-geever