project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Reammunition of Vehicles  (Read 4339 times)

Offline klischee

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reammunition of Vehicles
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »
Hi

Is it really needed to set up the ammo of fighters again and again after every fight?

Stiletto attacks UFO and lands, when i attack another UFO later, it has no ammo. So I have to go to the hangar and input ammo by myself, this is really.. arg. Is this normal?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Reammunition of Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:00:50 pm »
Is it really needed to set up the ammo of fighters again and again after every fight?

Stiletto attacks UFO and lands, when i attack another UFO later, it has no ammo. So I have to go to the hangar and input ammo by myself, this is really.. arg. Is this normal?

If you have more ammunition at base, weapons are refilled.

-geever

Offline Fritz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 09:55:22 pm »
Hi there,

same problem here. I can't fight UFO's anymore. Allways my Sarazen arrives an UFO, i get the message *Sarazen has no Ammo* and he fly back (or he try it  :o). And i have enough right Ammo for the weapons in the base. Does he waste his Ammo and can't shut down an UFO - or has he really not Ammo loaded. Can i control this?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:25 pm »
same problem here. I can't fight UFO's anymore. Allways my Sarazen arrives an UFO, i get the message *Sarazen has no Ammo* and he fly back (or he try it  :o). And i have enough right Ammo for the weapons in the base. Does he waste his Ammo and can't shut down an UFO - or has he really not Ammo loaded. Can i control this?

If your aircraft has no ammo loaded you cannot send it intercepting a UFO. So if it reaches the UFO (fire range) then says it has no more most probably it fired them all check it on low speed with high zoom. Rockets are fired quite quickly. pilot doesn't wait first rocket to hit before firing another.

-geever

Offline Fritz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 09:58:02 am »
Thx, ok, i understand i need better weapons for my Fighter. But what can i do for this? I have 4 Labs and 34 Scientists to research, is it not enough?

Btw, thank you all for this great game :-) UFO Enemy unknown was my first PC Game, and playing UFO AI give me back this Feeling like a young Boy :-)

Offline Lew Yard

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 11:34:03 am »
Take the alien ships, disassemble them (best if you have antimatter storage set up -- and be aware that it takes twenty days to complete...), and use the particle-beam weapons.

Disassembly takes hideously long in 2.3.  I gather that this has been reduced during further development, but there hasn't been an updated release and I don't recall reading what numbers were deemed appropriate.

Offline Fritz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 09:25:12 pm »
Yep, i' ve pick some alien ships, but im the research box i found no option to dissamble them. And what is an antimater storage - i don't have one?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 12:05:36 am »
Yep, i' ve pick some alien ships, but im the research box i found no option to dissamble them. And what is an antimater storage - i don't have one?

Workers can disassemble them, check 'disassembly' tab in produce menu. Antimatter currently used as fuel for new (hybrid) aircraft types but will be useful for other things in the future (later versions). It's bit like Elerium-115, if you played UFO (XCOM) before.

-geever

Offline Fritz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 08:09:38 pm »
Now i have 3 kinds of UFO in my 'Research Menu' but i can't choose one of them in the 'Dissamble Menu' - did i need another item before?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 12:03:35 am »
Now i have 3 kinds of UFO in my 'Research Menu' but i can't choose one of them in the 'Dissamble Menu' - did i need another item before?

If you see all kinds of UFOs in research menu that you have, you didn't research them. First you need to research then you can disassemble. (UFO researches need UFO Theory to be researched first.)

-geever

Offline Fritz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 12:39:33 pm »
Thank you very much '(UFO researches need UFO Theory to be researched first.)' That was the gist of the matter :-)