Technical support > Linux

I just want to play a game .....

<< < (2/8) > >>

Mattn:

--- Quote from: Bartleby on September 07, 2010, 07:52:11 pm ---maybe when the last licence-unknown-textures are new ufo ai will be better supported :).

--- End quote ---

that would be the goal ;)

DarkRain:

--- Quote from: Bartleby on September 07, 2010, 07:52:11 pm ---thats right. but in times of ubuntu there are not only linuxfreaks using that os.
well. everything free here, but i would also like a downloadable (and stable) version. maybe when the last licence-unknown-textures are new ufo ai will be better supported :).

--- End quote ---

Hmmm . . .
Seems I didn't sound as optimistic as I hoped (you know, things are not optimal but, hey, you can learn something new in the process)

Cyber Killer:
amd64 builds aren't limited to only AMD processors. amd64 architecture is currently the most popular among new machines (Intel uses it also). All you need is ubuntu 64bit.

But there's a catch - the SDL Mixer in Ubuntu is too old for UFO AI 2.3 (the UFO debs from sourceforge won't work), so either you wait for the next Ubuntu version, or compile this yourself, or download 2.1 or whatever previus version there is.

On a side note, probably the easiest way to get UFO (and many other games) is from playdeb.net (they have a repository).

Cyber Killer:
Playdeb just put ufoai 2.3 in their repository. No newer sdlmixer though ;-P. I'm going to test if this runs on monday.

Cyber Killer:
Well... apart from a file conflict between ufoai and ufoai-server (they both seem to have the same manpage) and awful sound stuttering in the game (though this can be caused by my crappy laptop soundcard) UFO:AI 2.3 from playdeb seems to run a-o-k ;-). This should help all the ubuntu users that just want to play a game without compiling ;-).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version