Technical support > Linux

I just want to play a game .....

<< < (3/8) > >>

bayo:
I add playdeb on the download page

TroubleMaker:
Hello!

May be wrong topic, but...

Downloaded 2.3.1 from playdeb. Installation went just fine. Game ran with music w/o problems.
Copied the saves from 2.3.0/win32.
The saves loaded perfectly also.
But! Any crashed UFO or terror site offers me all three choices (sorry for back-translation from Russian): "landing", "auto" and "cancel". Even if crash occurs near my base. And any attempt to land returns me to geoscape instead of loading proper map and starting tactical mission. Auto-battles always won, but they give no loot :-)

Saving and re-loading, restarting game, rebooting PC gave no results.
Copied the linux-made saves back to windows, loaded them in 2.3.0/win and continued normal game with tacticals.

What is this? Playdeb's compilation fault?

Also, could not defeat extremely low framerate: <5 on geoscape. In "text" windows (bases, email, stats) f/r is normal: 20+
Video settings were set exactly after windows' version ones.

env: Lucid/32 (latest updates on 14:00GMT 27.09.10), GNOME, m/b iD865PERL, Celeron 2.4GHz, v/c Nvidia GeForce 6200/AGP, w/m Compiz (no Emerald themes)

Mattn:
i don't think you have downloaded 2.3.1 ;) - but 2.3

the low fps is related to your language settings - this was a bug that is going to get fixed with 2.3.1

romanovzky:
Same problem here concerning the maps. The playdeb build doesn't enter some crashed UFO missions.

I've reported this to them but after a quick email from them I hadn't received much feedback...

bayo:
U really should me more explicite. Which maps? Any console logs?...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version