project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: When you see some alien?  (Read 2354 times)

Offline EazY

• Rookie
    • View Profile
When you see some alien?
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:10:43 pm »
Hi people, (1st Post)

Sorry im i'll ATM but getting better i think so my typing might adrift.

Anyway, I've been playing X-COM - EU for on and off ages and thought the other day that there should be remake or new front end for it.  Turns out there is'ish.  Well so i've been playing this one and im getting into it big time.

Problem is i started it on easy (no the sure easy ) to get to know it andf i fond i can only get 10000000 credits. Why is that? is it because i started on easy. I assuming it will be because its on easy but im not sure, maybe im just to tight to spen money, because after lots of deaths on EUknown I was more savy on the moneyb spending.

Also see when it says some can see an alien can, if theris, anyway i can see what there seeing.  Sometimes the red line dissapears, but Udef had wee pink things that flash that i couyld click on, so just wondring.

I cant sem to get any HWV is their any.

I understand that some of this might be in the manual however i dont know if its just me but i dont see some of the maual it says it cant be found. is this right?

I have a lot more questions but dont think im in te right forum... Took ages to work out how the rf works, but i have it np.

Oh If I have 30 scientists working in 1 bas and 10 in the other does tha equal to 40???

Before i go on well to long ,
bubye.

EazYOut

Offline EazY

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: When you see some alien?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:17:41 pm »
PS:Sorry, i dont have internet here, just a vodafone dongle thing for 3gig per month and i cant get much of a signal so i (whish i never got thst one seems to be area i live in) feel a bit guilty if i eend up ofline for a bit

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 11:54:44 am »
Hi,

Welcome on board!

From your post I assume you're playing the old 2.2.x version of the game. It's... well, old.

Problem is i started it on easy (no the sure easy ) to get to know it andf i fond i can only get 10000000 credits. Why is that?

By design. PHALANX is not a business company that should accumulate money, it get founding to cover it's expenses.

In 2.2.x you got too much money, so you could reach the limit early. It has been rebalanced in 2.3+.

Also see when it says some can see an alien can, if theris, anyway i can see what there seeing.  Sometimes the red line dissapears, but Udef had wee pink things that flash that i couyld click on, so just wondring.

Pink things are indicators of missing models IIRC, I didn't see any of them for a while...

I cant sem to get any HWV is their any.

Is this HWV the UGV? Unmanned Ground Vehicles are not yet (fully) implemented, we removed them from 2.3 release (temporary), not to cause confusion like it did in the 2.2 series.

I have a lot more questions but dont think im in te right forum... Took ages to work out how the rf works, but i have it np.

We should release 2.3.1 - the first (and hopefully the last) bugfix release of branch 2.3 - soon. I would suggest waiting for it ( but ofc. play 2.2.x or 2.3 while waiting! ;) ). 2.3 is quite different to 2.2, you'll like it. ;)

Oh If I have 30 scientists working in 1 bas and 10 in the other does tha equal to 40???

On two bases the two scientist teams can only work on two different subjects, so no,

-geever

Offline EazY

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 03:17:22 pm »
Yeah, it is 2.2.1 winxp

My internet connection is limited and disconnects alot.  So I downloaded it from a torrent as I was worried it might disconnect and I'd lose everything.

I couldnt find the recent version in a torrent

I'll go get a download manager that thn i can coninue broken downloads.

Thanx
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:31:54 pm by EazY »