project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: SVN 3646 not finding some files in data  (Read 2828 times)

jbabcock

SVN 3646 not finding some files in data
« on: September 15, 2006, 02:18:27 pm »
I have compiled version 3646 and it starts up well, but then has some trouble finding some files. As a result, I don't have sounds and can't play tactical missions.

I start from the svn trunk dir with the command ./ufo +set vid_fullscreen 0 (the parameter has no effect, I get the same symptoms without it) Compiling the release and debug versions both result in the same problem.

I have checked and data/maps and data/pics do exist and are properly populated and/or compiled. Does anyone have any ideas why these files are not being found?

Thanks,
Josh

Here is the tail end of the console output, with a path command added in for fun:

------------------------------------
CDAudio_Init: No CD in drive.
CDAudio_Init: CD contains no audio tracks.
CD Audio Initialized.
execing autoexec.cfg
"version" is "UFO: Alien Invasion 2.1-dev i386 Sep 14 2006 Linux"
...using language: en_US
...svn revision: 3646M
Shared Client/Server Info loaded
FindFile: can't find music/theme.ogg
Couldn't open 'music/theme.ogg'
...precaching 50 menus
Can't find pics/
====== UFO Initialized ======

Changing to Singleplayer
]path
Current search path:
----------
/home/jbabcock/.ufoai/base
./base

Links:

Here is some info about where I am running from, and what else is in that directory.

[2]+  Stopped                 ufo +set vid_fullscreen 0
tower:ufoai$ pwd
/usr/local/src/ufoai
tower:ufoai$ ls
AUTHORS  contrib       COPYING    Makefile  ref_glx.so  releasei386  snd_oss.so  src  ufo2map
base     CONTRIBUTORS  debugi386  README    ref_sdl.so  snd_alsa.so  snd_sdl.so  ufo  ufoded
tower:ufoai$ ls base/pics
air_dropship.tga     baseattack.tga    conback.jpg   f_big.tga         hud                   reactionfire.tga  wait.tga
air_interceptor.tga  base.tga          conchars.pcx  f_big.xcf         maps                  sensor.tga
air_ufo.tga          black.tga         conchars.xcf  f_menu_small.tga  menu                  sfx
althud               circleactive.tga  cross.tga     f_menu.tga        net.jpg               techs
armor                circle.tga        cursor1.tga   f_small.tga       pause.jpg             tutorial
base                 colormap.pcx      ducked.tga    f_small.xcf       reactionfiremany.tga  ufoai.jpg

jbabcock

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 02:37:37 pm »
Ahh, nothing like making a post to make you see the obvious. The music is a non-issue, the .ogg files I dl'd were not named correctly. I fixed that. The missions at least try to run now, I found that I needed to copy game.so to the base dir. Apaprently the Makefile forgets to do this.

As for loading the map, I have the file farm08n.bsp, and the program is looking for farm.bsp. It chokes when it can't find it.

------- Loading game.so -------
LoadLibrary failed (/usr/local/src/ufoai//home/jbabcock/.ufoai/base/game.so)
/usr/local/src/ufoai//home/jbabcock/.ufoai/base/game.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
LoadLibrary (/usr/local/src/ufoai/./base/game.so)
==== InitGame ====
------- Server Initialization -------
FindFile: can't find maps/farm08.bsp
ERROR: Couldn't load maps/farm08.bsp
==== ShutdownGame ====

I still don't know why it is complaining about pics/

Still looking for help,
Josh

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 05:44:16 pm »
the pics stuff is just an unfinished menu - no big deal

the maps have to be compiled

ubequitz

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 08:27:16 am »
one way to compile the maps is to go to base/maps, export PATH=$PATH:../../
then make (and wait many hours!)

(see http://ufo.myexp.de/wiki/index.php/Debian for a guide on the whole make process, obviously oriented toward Debian based Linuxes but the principles are the same).

jbabcock

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 03:28:22 am »
Yeah, turns out my problem was that I had compiled the maps after building for release, and was playing debug (or maybe the other way around.) On a lark I set my box to recompiling the maps before I went away for the weekend and when I came back, this problem was solved too, with the only change being the map recompile (and a power company mandated reboot.)

I would think that one set of maps should work for both build options, but apparently not.