project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Soldier careers and some other stuff  (Read 3910 times)

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Soldier careers and some other stuff
« on: September 12, 2006, 05:09:41 pm »
I've noticed that only ONE soldier gets promoted every now and then though all others have the same number of missions and many even more kills than the one who gets promoted. I guess that's not intentional.

The trajectory of a grenade thrown from a point more elevated than the target is calculated wrongly. The line goes backward and so does the grenade. i.e. when trying to throw one at an alien a level below in the subway station.

Grenades can fall off the map when thrown at someone standing at the map's rim.

The more missions I play the more errors occur in a short time period. CTD when an alien fires, no soldiers on map after start of mission, ... about a week after the UFO sightings begin it becomes merely unplayable.
While there are almost no such occurrances in the first 3 or 4 missions.

And one feature request:
Maybe you could have civilists scream when being shot at.
Would be just a small contribution to the game's atmosphere.

Also something I personally like:
Reaction fire works very nice IMO.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Soldier careers and some other stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 12:40:02 am »
Quote from: "Killertomato"
The more missions I play the more errors occur in a short time period. CTD when an alien fires, no soldiers on map after start of mission, ... about a week after the UFO sightings begin it becomes merely unplayable.
While there are almost no such occurrances in the first 3 or 4 missions.

Do you save, exit, enter, reload, or play all the way in one go? BTW in RC4 some missions are broken, notably bunker and pdi.

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 06:42:39 pm »
To prevent having to start all over again, I save after every sucessfully completed mission.
And of course I restart and load the savegame after I have to end the game - or it hangs/crashes.

The maps I experienced the most probs in are Fargo(that one CedTD three time on me when the first alien shot for the first time) and Makay(?)(had the "no soldiers" issue there two times).

Funny enough: No probs in the bunker map. And I played it two times.
Only that all aliens started out in the same spot the second time.

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 06:51:06 pm »
Addendum concerning the soldier promotion thingy:
Dunno if this is just a coincidence, but the only one soldier who gets promoted is the one I added to the team as last member. After one of the initial team died.

Zako

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 08:37:19 pm »
The Mackay (office something), Harbor and Altdorf maps are the ones that cause problems for me (I've finished the game, so I think I've played all maps). Mackay crash when I end my first turn, Altdorf starts whithout soldier 8 and harbor has a ship where my soldiers can't walk, but the aliens can (I think it is the one farthest from the starting location), and one soldier starts alone in the middle of the map.

The promotions seem totally random to me. There should be some clear motivation for promoting. Also, it would be nice to be able to choose wich stats are improved.

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 02:02:08 pm »
" Also, it would be nice to be able to choose wich stats are improved."

Absolutely. Though I'd consider it low prio for now.