project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Everything is connected about aliens  (Read 17054 times)

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Everything is connected about aliens
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:04:59 pm »
We (me and my friend) were talking about aliens yesterday and noticed something strange: every alien related game is similar to each other, that means, that the government is hiding the truth from us and releasing every 1/50 of information to a random game somehow just to "laugh" and think that they don't exist... That means, the game area 51 and ufo: alien invasion are quite similar, and if you read the wiki and watched documentary shows about aliens, the games talk the same, top secret is released in tiny bits, like weapons. In area 51 there is a meson canon, right? It is invented as a weapon, but nobody knows that it exists... So everything, actually is similar, but hidden, until you compare two stories, which have the same info about each other...

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Everything is connected about aliens
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:50:16 am »
YACT (Yet Another Conspiracy Theorist). Simply saying exactly what I thinks the OP (or his firend) is.

What would be so great about meson cannons? They seem fairly bad as far as weapons go. I'd much rather want a particle beam firing baryons rahter than mesons.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:51:52 am by Hertzila »

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 11:06:55 am »
Actually, we both are.

Meson canon sucks the target into its particle shot and sucks out the target's energy whatever the target is (like a black hole).

Offline SBJ

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:28:25 am »
Well, it would be in the governments best interest to keep such things secret, to avoid worldwide panic.

My view is this, Alien races DO exist somewhere. But any race smart enough to invent interstellar travel, would probably also be very highly eveolved and much more "civilized" than we are. and any race that intelligent and civilized, would avoid humanity like the plague. If any hostile race would've discovered us by now, they would've invaded already and enslaved us.

Of course, any race as warlike and hostile as humanity, would likely never reach the stage of interstellar travel. Ie. they would probably wipe themselves out before they could reach that point, just like we most likely will do.

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:48:37 am »
Humanity... Why the wars start? Because we, humans, don't share! We want to keep everything for ourselves! Peace treaty will never happen to us, we are too selfish to help each other. Why are we? This question is interesting, but most of the people want good just for them, no matter what happens to others. By this thought, i have remembered one thing: we are level-zero civilization. If we'd enter level-one civilization, we shouldn't have any wars, no terrorists, and we must have global peace.

Aliens, on the other hand, are level-two and level-three civilizations. They have spread across the galaxy (level-three) or their star system (level-two).

Think about it, government!!! Why couldn't you make weapons which destroy meteors or comets with Earth it their trajectory instead of killing wour own people?!?

We are branches of the same tree.

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:27:01 pm »
Almost every (I said almost) war started because of religion if you go back in history far enough. Also lands another matter oh and money. :) oh wait D:

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 10:15:32 am »
But when all of them will not be present for 100000 years until we lose our planet (it might be destroyed), then we will be at least level 1 civilization.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 11:07:19 pm »
I intended to write this some time ago so it's a bit late response.

I still don't get what you like about meson cannons. From small research (wikipedia) I've found that they would be okay weapons (I guess) in spacecraft-to-spacecraft battle but in atmosphere it would be more lethal to the shooter than the target. From what I've gathered this would either cause chemical or (miniature) nuclear explosions when coming in contact with baryons (that is, atoms) but here, it would instatly contact the air and explode in the end of the barrel (in similar way AM particle beam would act). As I said, I like my ground warfare particle beams loaded with baryons, thank you very much.
Other interpretation is that mesons would mess with the chemical or nuclear binds non-explosively (in this case, you'd create free radicals or ozone-like stuff), which would be even less useful as a weapon of war.
Anybody with actual physics major (zapkitty) is asked to correct my wikipedia science.

Regarding the sociology discussion and the fate of human race, I side with Stephen Hawking who said that if we will survive a couple hundred years more and make it to space, we'll be fine. Colonizing Mars and finally being able to mine asteroids would be a couple of incredible achievements for human race. These two would also ease up our "weight" here on Earth since we could use resources from other places besides Earth. This would in turn make our usable resources incredibly abundant so there wouldn't be a huge need to be selfish. And the extra living space for the some billions of us would certainly help.
I don't think we'll ever be able to get rid of wars completely. Seriously lessen the amount? Yes. Besides, in a way, our wars have been partly beneficial to us. The tech "level" graph goes *boom* whenever there is one and in case the eventual first contact will result in a war because they thought we looked at them funny, we'll be prepared.

Funny pics (humor never hurts, right?):

Whew... that took surprisingly long to write.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 11:14:01 pm by Hertzila »

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 04:13:45 pm »
Yeah, but why the option is war all the time there is something new? Why can't people just accept it? A lot of lives would be saved.

But the meson canon is actually an alien tech, so i guess that the people in area 51 (old or new) still have them and could use at anyone they choose.

If we wouldn't know mesons, then it would mean that we don't have those canons either.

The meson canon shoots a ball that when it gets too much particles in itself, the ball disintegrates leaving nothing in a specific area, including its captives...

I will stop here, because i'm repeating myself, but with other synonyms...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:20:27 pm by PAUL1UZ5 »

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 05:21:48 pm »
I hope that this whole topic was meant as a joke.

If not, go see shrink. You have trouble separating reality and fiction.

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:03:35 am »

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 01:44:26 pm »
Does it mean I should start taking this seriously? Okay....

But the meson canon is actually an alien tech, so i guess that the people in area 51 (old or new) still have them and could use at anyone they choose.

If we wouldn't know mesons, then it would mean that we don't have those canons either.

The meson canon shoots a ball that when it gets too much particles in itself, the ball disintegrates leaving nothing in a specific area, including its captives...

What you wrote here is from a game. Just a "hey, we programmed a really cool looking gun, it needs some cool sounding name". Nothing except the particle name actually comes from reality.

Yeah, but why the option is war all the time there is something new? Why can't people just accept it? A lot of lives would be saved.

Got this one messed up. Rapid technological advancement is an effect of wars, not cause. Both in nature and human society, pressure from competiton is main drive of advancement.

Edit: funny looking typo removed

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 08:19:09 pm »
The weapon is kind of a weird thing, but the wars... Why do i have to repeat it? I won't.

If everyone would just join their forces without any wars (i've remembered one funny song called b.y.o.b. by system of a down), then we'd learn from aliens...

Offline virgindevils

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 03:49:12 am »
well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yup u are right that many things

are hidden but it is being hidden for our betterment dear
...so dont be angry over the goverment this is not done by a single person but after disscusssing with many
experts ..
regards

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 12:19:21 pm »
back to my first post, all the games that have aliens in it, they have something in common with other games. don't you think it's a bit weird as a coincidence??