project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Research Bug?  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Viddar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Research Bug?
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:45:36 pm »
Just redownloaded this game over the weekend. 2.3 current stable. Ran into a research problem. Searched sourceforge and the forums here and found nothing similar. Tried to find a research tree but there doesn't appear to be one.

My very first UFO capture gave me the UFO theory research topic. I continued towards laser rifle rather than researching it. After finishing d/f cartridges I realize my ufo yard is full and I wanted to slim it down a bit. Figuring I needed to research UFO theory before it would let me disassemble them I go to research that. It was missing from the research tree. Digging around in the mailclient I reopen the proposal email. The title at the top has been replaced with Plasma Rifle.

Reopen the save prior to the battle that gave me the plasma rifle and alien armour, put everything on UFO theory. Finish the UFO theory research to have it fail since I don't have the prerequirements completed. I do have all the different save files, unfortunately I am unable to find them in any of the files or folders. Where might I find them so I can attach them here if this is a bug.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Research Bug?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 06:12:03 am »
What platform (OS - Windows, Mac, Linux?) are you on?

If you're on Windows, I'd check your AppData folder (hidden by default), if you're on Linux or a Mac, the saved games are in different locations.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 05:08:01 pm »
Reopen the save prior to the battle that gave me the plasma rifle and alien armour, put everything on UFO theory. Finish the UFO theory research to have it fail since I don't have the prerequirements completed. I do have all the different save files, unfortunately I am unable to find them in any of the files or folders. Where might I find them so I can attach them here if this is a bug.

Savegame locations described in our FAQ. Please upload them. Thanks!

-geever

Offline Viddar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 02:36:29 am »
Windows, and yes I discovered it was hidden.

On a sidenote, when I reloaded the game the glitch seems to have disappeared. UFO theory was in place, no false proposals. I didn't check to see if it would kick out UFO theory saying I did not have the prerequirements done. Slot 5 was the one that kicked out UFO theory.