project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: what's with auto missions?  (Read 11600 times)

Offline oliphaunte

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: what's with auto missions?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 06:02:41 am »
There's definetely something up with the auto missions. 93 auto-wins later and I haven't lost a single guy or civilan, but when I actually play it, somebody is sure to die and it's always my best guy/girl >.> Not a good boost of morale there...But still, silver lining, the auto-winning comes in handy when you don't want to fight the next 50 battles that pop up in the next hour. Too many battles for one day...

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 09:23:27 am »
There's definetely something up with the auto missions. 93 auto-wins later and I haven't lost a single guy or civilan, but when I actually play it, somebody is sure to die and it's always my best guy/girl >.> Not a good boost of morale there...But still, silver lining, the auto-winning comes in handy when you don't want to fight the next 50 battles that pop up in the next hour. Too many battles for one day...

It's simple. It's an unfinished feature. I only left in to have an ability to skip the mission.

-geever

Offline oliphaunte

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 07:29:28 pm »
can't be auto-played?
It's simple. It's an unfinished feature. I only left in to have an ability to skip the mission.

-geever

I figured, the auto-mission just seemed like too much of a good thing  :P Out of curiosity, is there a reason that some crash missions

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 08:53:06 pm »
can't be auto-played?
I figured, the auto-mission just seemed like too much of a good thing  :P Out of curiosity, is there a reason that some crash missions

... can't be done via auto-mission?

It's not about crashed ufo missions but story related missions cannot be auto-missioned.

-geever

Offline oliphaunte

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 12:19:30 am »
... can't be done via auto-mission?

It's not about crashed ufo missions but story related missions cannot be auto-missioned.

-geever
Sorry, my message got cut off. Alright, thanks

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 10:30:42 am »
Some ufo missions are possible automatingable and every harvester landing is automatingable.