project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: crash in june  (Read 3515 times)

pelos

crash in june
« on: September 04, 2006, 11:44:24 pm »
I downloaded the latest source files yesterday and rebuilt what I could (I could rebuild UFO but not some other parts), and then used the new executable in the most recent installed windows version. I also downloaded the development windows version last night which should have about the same result.

However, my game crashes on June 13 no matter what. Nothing happens for months first, no missions whatsoever (and I tried to create more bases with radars even), for a few months, and then crash to windows. On my linux machine, I can't get the missions to work, but that's another issue.

Any ideas?

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
crash in june
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 01:20:13 am »
Executable and base files from different versions can lead to all kinds of errors. Sorry.

pelos

crash in june
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 03:11:24 am »
But the same thing happens if the whole latest version is installed. So it is not a mismatch of versions.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
crash in june
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 06:40:22 am »
One more idea (short of advising you to compile SVN branch 2.0): remove the words "pdi" and "bunker" from base/ufos/campaign.ufo and try a new game.

pelos

crash in june
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 03:59:08 pm »
I did install the last development version for windows, which came out just a few days ago. This happened both with the newest svn-downloaded self-compiled version and the later-released windows binary version (both downloaded on the same day). There were also other problems, like I could not attack with a ship from my second base etc.

Overall, I have to say the game is great and I dont want to make it sound as if I complained. Just wanted to contribute to eliminating these bugs because I know it's tough to get to them (for example my crash was after many successful missions and much building up (I had 3 bases etc), before that all went great, since then, no matter how many times I reloaded, no missions came up and the game crashed in a few months). Let me know if there are some log files I could provide.

In the long run it's kinda good that the game crashed cause I can get more work done for a while :-)

pelos

crash in june
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 03:59:45 pm »
just to add---I will try to download the newest sources today and will see if it makes difference after I recompile it all.