project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: primary vs. secondary weapons  (Read 10819 times)

Offline TDarklighter

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: primary vs. secondary weapons
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 02:39:13 am »
Does that hold true for the SMG as well?  I know you said it doesn't really fit the mold, but I'm starting to run into armored aliens now and I've upgraded my assault rifles to laser rifles to good effect.  However, I'm not sure what to upgrade my SMGs to (if anything?)  Would laser pistols be a good upgrade?

Laser pistols make a really good upgrade for SMGs.  The way you can whip them out of holster and fire them without having to drop the mainhand weapon is good, especially as they do a decent amount of damage.
I've also played with the plasma blade some.  They're pretty evil little weapons, if you get caught up close.  Especially with grenade launcher guys - try out the 25mm PB grenades for those, when you get the chance.  They're really potent!

@Sarin:
I'm toying with the weapon code and designing a plasma rocket.  It seems like it would make sense to incorporate the technology for the rocket launcher - why only make it for the grenade launcher, eh?  Alternatively thinking about swapping the PB grenades for the PB rockets, then creating a gas grenade round for the GL to replace it with.  Should be pretty nifty, whenever I get around to not being at work long enough to build and test it.  But either way, I'd like to see the RL get a second wind like the GL gets.  And somewhere around here, I saw a mod for plasma fuel for the flamethrower - not a bad idea.  I think I'll try that one out, just to see if it amps the fun level; though for the time being I think the flamer is very powerful on its regular ammo.  Maybe when new, tougher aliens and bots show up, plasma fuel would be awesome? :)