project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Thank you!  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Causley

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Thank you!
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:48:07 am »
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say what a great thing the 2.3 release is.

The new maps, the randomisation of missions, the weapons, the soundtrack (man, one of the tracks is creeping me out, but all in all they are great), the research options, the background writing, I love it.
(or love to hate it, multi-story car park anyone? Stairs are a nightmare).

So far, the release has been very stable for me and everything seems to work fine.

There are, understandably, still things the developers are working on and try to improve, and seriously, when will people be ever satisfied with weapon balance?

(Also, if I may add, the GUI of the bases could be a tiny bit more intuitive. I played an earlier release and now it took me some time to find the equipment menu)

But all in all, I played the 2.3 release last weekend and this weekend too, and it's just plain fun. Thank you, thank you, thank you for spending your free time to make this game! :)

Offline Ufanatic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 06:33:09 pm »

Yeah, a big thanks here too.

I was really dissappointed in 2.2 when the game was all of a sudden "over". 2.3 sets off really awesome and after a couple tactical adjustments I even made it past the reaction fire issue.

(or love to hate it, multi-story car park anyone? Stairs are a nightmare).

I got a mission in a "city-setting" once: A large (or medium?) map with not much more on it than a 5 storey car-parkhouse ... What a freaking pain in the butt having to fight your way all the way up.
I resolved skipping it via auto-mission after one try.  ;D

Offline shaunc311

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:39:51 pm »
Yes, the game is amazing.  Thank you!

I just checked out the alternate HUD.  Very cool.