project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: make pk3 Error Message  (Read 5739 times)

Offline YY.Cherubim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
make pk3 Error Message
« on: June 25, 2010, 04:51:55 am »
Hello, I am compiling v2.4 and getting the following errors when I execute the 'make pk3' portion.  (I am running Ubuntu v10.04 64-Bit).  The errors are preceded by a massive screen dump (which fills my terminal's buffer) of files and their paths'. A small example follows:

textures/tex_buildings/carpet002_2.png textures/tex_buildings/stripebr_nm.png textures/tex_buildings/floor001.png textures/tex_buildings/sidewalk01_nm.png textures/tex_buildings/concrete002_nm.png textures/tex_buildings/t_wll_fnctrm_sgn2.jpg textures/tex_buildings/wall_ind02_nm.png textures/tex_common/trigger.png textures/tex_common/slick.png textures/tex_common/weaponclip.png textures/tex_common/ladder.png textures/tex_common/caulk.png textures/tex_common/hint.png textures/tex_common/lightclip.png textures/tex_common/nodraw.png textures/tex_common/error.png textures/tex_common/origin.png textures/tex_common/actorclip.png textures/tex_terrain/cold.jpg textures/tex_terrain/arctic.jpg textures/tex_terrain/mountain.jpg textures/tex_terrain/dummy.jpg textures/tex_terrain/grass.jpg textures/tex_terrain/desert.jpg textures/tex_terrain/wasted.jpg textures/tex_terrain/tropical.jpg
make[1]: execvp: /bin/sh: Argument list too long
make[1]: *** [base/0pics.pk3] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yy/ufoai'
make: *** [pk3] Error 2

If anyone can enlighten me with what these errors are and how to fix these problems, I would certainly appreciate it.

Oh if it's of any consequence, during the map building process, I had to break out and resume.  I performed a similar set of commands as was in my last post here: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=4975.0 and carried on with what ?appears? to be a successful build.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 04:56:46 am by YY.Cherubim »

Offline YY.Cherubim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: make pk3 Error Message
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 03:00:25 am »
I deleted, reinstalled, and recompiled the stable v2.3.  However, I am getting a simialr error in the same spot.  Does anyone have any ideas or possible solutions for me?

/bin/sh: 7za: not found
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yy/Games/ufoai_2.3'
yy@yy:~/Games/ufoai_2.3$
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:30:21 pm by YY.Cherubim »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:50:41 pm »
edit build/data.mk and change 7za to zip - or install 7za

Offline Nightknight

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 12:11:58 am »
Hello, I am compiling v2.4 and getting the following errors when I execute the 'make pk3' portion.  (I am running Ubuntu v10.04 64-Bit).  The errors are preceded by a massive screen dump (which fills my terminal's buffer) of files and their paths'. A small example follows:

textures/tex_buildings/carpet002_2.png textures/tex_buildings/stripebr_nm.png textures/tex_buildings/floor001.png textures/tex_buildings/sidewalk01_nm.png textures/tex_buildings/concrete002_nm.png textures/tex_buildings/t_wll_fnctrm_sgn2.jpg textures/tex_buildings/wall_ind02_nm.png textures/tex_common/trigger.png textures/tex_common/slick.png textures/tex_common/weaponclip.png textures/tex_common/ladder.png textures/tex_common/caulk.png textures/tex_common/hint.png textures/tex_common/lightclip.png textures/tex_common/nodraw.png textures/tex_common/error.png textures/tex_common/origin.png textures/tex_common/actorclip.png textures/tex_terrain/cold.jpg textures/tex_terrain/arctic.jpg textures/tex_terrain/mountain.jpg textures/tex_terrain/dummy.jpg textures/tex_terrain/grass.jpg textures/tex_terrain/desert.jpg textures/tex_terrain/wasted.jpg textures/tex_terrain/tropical.jpg

If anyone can enlighten me with what these errors are and how to fix these problems, I would certainly appreciate it.

Oh if it's of any consequence, during the map building process, I had to break out and resume.  I performed a similar set of commands as was in my last post here: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=4975.0 and carried on with what ?appears? to be a successful build.

I am getting exactly the same problem.
Trying to compile Dev version of the game. Downloaded via SVN. Running Fedora 13.

Offline Nightknight

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 04:24:57 pm »
[SOLVED]
As YY.Cherubim stated, this error seems to be caused by a break on the map building process.
The apparent solution is to delete and re start the installation process.
This seems to fix the

error.

Offline gargy2002

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 08:07:02 pm »
Hi guys,
I got the same error when I run "make pk3" command. It says something about "#!/bin/sh zip can't find.." so I installed "zip" package and it works..
Debian Sid x64 and trunk 2.4...

Offline EsdiDude

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 12:43:43 pm »
Hello,

It looks like it's trying to parse the entire argument list. Quite sure that that's a "glitch" in the makefile, though I have to admit that I don't really understand the makefile logic used. I expected a list iteration, but it looks like a completely expanded list is passed, which is then too large (over 5081 arguments at least).
A simple fix is to 'touch base/0pics.pk3' which will cause the makefile to skip the file during make. Afterwards you can manually execute
rm base/0pics.pk3
find base/pics base/materials -iname "*.tga" -o -iname "*.png" -o -iname "*.jpg" -print0 | xargs -0 -I{} zip -u9 base/0pics.pk3 {}
to recreate the pk3 file.

Cheers,

EsdiDude
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:17:15 pm by EsdiDude »

Offline palmic

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 11:20:38 pm »
THX! Works like a charm!  :)