Technical support > Mac

Problem starting/opening game

(1/2) > >>

Scott F:
Hi folks,

I don't know if it is a fault with me, my machine or what. I have just finished downloading the version 'ufoai-macosx-i386.dmg' and all seemed to be fine, meaning the green box/icon with UFO written on it was there. When I double click it to open though,nothing happens. It moves, like it would if it were going to open, but no game starts.

Am I doing something wrong?
If this version is not ready yet, I can continue with my 2.2.1 version which works, mostly.
By mostly, I mean that, despite setting English as the language, I get no stories or text about aliens after autopsies, etc. I read from forums that this normally happened if a language was not set?

I think you guys are great for making these games. I loved the original UFO games so this is a real treat!

mrnooberson:
Im having the exact same problem

McToki:
I have the same problem.  v. 2.3.1 just bounces, then goes unresponsive.  One time I got a load screen but then that just went away and it froze.  Any ideas on this one?

Nash1992:
I have the same problem. As soon as I clicked on the UFO:AI icon. It seem to launch, then a window pops up "ERROR". It gave me the option to relaunch. The same problem occurred again! Darn!

Does anyone know if the previous versions for mac work? I don't mind downloading the older version. Obviously the 2.3.1. version for mac does not work at all!

Is the devs doing anything to fix this problem BTW?

OldMan88:
2.3.0 works, except for the sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version