project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Missing dependency in ubuntu lucid: libsdl-ttf2.0-dev (solved)  (Read 2722 times)

Offline kir_b

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I've been dieing to try the new version (2.3) since it was announced. After waiting two months for it to show up in the repositories (getdeb), I've given up and have finally decided to take the jump into the subversion method (probably the smarter way anyhow). But when I try to install the prerequisites, "libsdl-ttf2.0-dev" is not available in the ubuntu repository.

Does anyone know what alternative step I need to take, or am I hooped?

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions, thanks everyone,  Kirby  :'(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 06:20:36 pm by kir_b »

Offline oggei

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Missing dependency in ubuntu lucid: libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:34:07 am »
Hey guys, I've been dieing to try the new version (2.3) since it was announced. After waiting two months for it to show up in the repositories (getdeb), I've given up and have finally decided to take the jump into the subversion method (probably the smarter way anyhow). But when I try to install the prerequisites, "libsdl-ttf2.0-dev" is not available in the ubuntu repository.

Does anyone know what alternative step I need to take, or am I hooped?

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions, thanks everyone,  Kirby  :'(

always refer to packages.ubuntu.com

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libsdl-ttf2.0-dev&searchon=names&suite=lucid&section=all

regards

Offline kir_b

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Missing dependency in ubuntu lucid: libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 10:49:52 pm »
Thanks for the response oggei.

I did the very same search, with exactly the same result. I guess I should have clarified things a little further. I was merely pointing out that the package wasn't available in the ubuntu repository (1386) via my synaptic package manager, but after taking a closer look at things, I discovered that the upgrade to lucid (I'm guessing) resulted in the turning off of the universe repository (along with the multiverse, restricted and the main). I can't believe it took me this long to notice that!

So, all is well now. Sorry to have bothered you all and thanks again.

Kirby  8)