Technical support > Linux

Game is x86_64 only?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Naiwniak:

--- Quote from: angry i686 user on July 06, 2010, 04:04:43 pm ---So, we are waiting for almost 3 weeks.
Do you have serious problems with installer?

--- End quote ---

They dont care about Linux users, most ppl playing this game use Windows because its most popular platform. So just play 2.2 until you get bored and then go play some other game... As you see, waiting for 32 bit version of this game is pointless. This is unprofessional for fun project...

Mattn:
in fact most of the devs are linux users. the problem is that the loki installer is broken and nobody fixed it yet. the goal should be that the distributions add the game to their repositories. or someone has to fix the loki or mojo installer.

Naiwniak:

--- Quote from: Mattn on July 06, 2010, 07:10:56 pm ---the goal should be that the distributions add the game to their repositories. or someone has to fix the loki or mojo installer.

--- End quote ---
In your point of view this game will be never released on linux 32bit. Faster I run Windows version by Wine than Linux distributors add this game to repositories. Anyway its a bit sad how Project leader deal with it. Also I dont understand very well this part about loki/mojo fixing, previous version of this game works good, then new version was released and everything is fracked up now, publishers of mojo/loki need to fix it - man? I dont want to mess around with compiling game from svn etc, so I have one simple question - Will you release this game under 32 bit linux faster than I forget about this game?

Just compile this fracking game under 32bit and paste here those fracking files so we can play this fracking, ass kicking game as in the good old days when we was using 88MHz PCs with a fracking turbo button...

ps. otherwise ill eat ur cat, then ill go back on Windows to play this game anyway...

@Kildor, I more want to pay for this game than for commercial UFO, released after X-Com series ;)
@Destructavator, good to hear that but still no solution :D Yes I tried to compile this game on my own, I freaked out after console information about downloading/installing new 127 packages.

Kildor:
blah-blah-blah.
Have you payed this game already?

Destructavator:
@Naiwniak:

First, we do intend to fix this issue and are working toward it - I run Linux alongside Windows on my computers, and some of the developers here run almost exclusively Linux, it isn't something we're giving up on.

Second:

Please watch your language here and try to be more civil.  I see a lot of very strong language in your post, much of which is uncalled for, and this isn't one of those trashy forums on the net where that type of thing is all over the board.  You are welcome to voice your opinion and feedback, but please try to be more decent in presenting it.

Edit:  I see you cleaned up your post - Thank you.  As for a solution, as I said we're not giving up on it, and if you have time to contribute a fix, or help in some way so we get there sooner, that would be welcome.  This is, after all, pretty much a volunteer project, made up of people who donate their time to build the game.
Until then, have you tried compiling the game from SVN?  Its very easy on Linux.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version