Technical support > Linux

Game is x86_64 only?

<< < (3/3)

romanovzky:
I just have to say that I'm a linux user and actually I've came across this game because it has linux binnaries. I was a fan of xcom and this game was like my pride as linux user that also plays once in a while.

I'm not a developer nor a programmer (I do know C and C++ but I'm in a physics msc and my skills extend only to help me out in my area), and for that I'm sorry I can't contribute to bring a linux version for the masses.

Dispite that, I'm running ubuntu and the folks in getdeb.net (right now is offline...) have a rep for games which includes ufo 2.2, I was expecting them to make a 2.3 build but they are having problems with servers as it seems. But I guess most of your dev members run some kind of debian distro (unless you guys are so linux fans that run arch and gentoo) and so I really thought it was easy to make a .deb installer or a .rpm installer (red hat is also very used).

Once you could make them (the installers) and if you don't want to overload your servers with a rep (I understand that!) you can always relly on people who make reps as their contribution to the linux community. As a portuguese I know 1 server that can help you:

darkstar.ist.utl.pt

And also getdeb but theier server has been ill, but I guess they would be really happy to host your packages in their reps.

Also, there are many blogs that own theier own ppa (a public repository for ubuntu) like webupd8, maybe if you just do some advertising somebody will gladdly host your packages.

I don't know if I was much of a help, but sometimes I get the feelling that projects like this don't have much interest in owning theier reps and for that forget to compile or make an installer.

Also the SVN is alright to install, I did it more than once, but a stable version is much more important for must of us...

Naiwniak:
Ive just compiled 2.3v, it takes about 3,5h... from running script to start the game. Compiled on fresh Ubuntu 32 bit 10.04, 1Mb connection, ic2d 1,800. Game works fine except for perceptible FPS drop in missions. GJ new version is much better than last one!

ps. Mattn tell ur cat that he is safe until 2.4v :D

Edit:
Its why I like to play "out of box" games... Some missing maps, need to overwrite it by pk3 from SF, game often crashing when in tactical mission "Error: Received signal 11." etc, long way...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version