project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: RC4 Research bugs  (Read 3199 times)

kungfujoe

RC4 Research bugs
« on: September 18, 2006, 01:05:18 pm »
I've noticed a few issues with research.  They may have been identified already, but I don't see a forum topic for them.

First, the research completion percentage is often displayed as 0.0% even when it's not.  For example, if you load a saved game while research is being conducted, it's listed as 0% no matter what, until it increases by a certain amount and is listed properly.

Second, the game auto-pauses for research completion, but only does so about half the time.  The other half, the research completes and you don't know about it until you look and realize that a bunch of your scientists are unallocated, and what they were working on is no longer on the research menu.

jjavier

RC4 Research bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 02:25:43 pm »
I have found another problem.
It appears before your first crew menber dies.
In the next  mission, if I don't re-equip my crew or my aircraft, the stage starts with no 'actors' in my team.

PD: I have seen  the research completion bug, also.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
RC4 Research bugs
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 12:36:58 am »
This sounds to be a new bug, jjavier. Please confirm it in RC5 when it comes out (or latest xdelta).

sirg

RC4 Research bugs
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 09:45:41 am »
The research part is a bit shady. I would like a progress bar or some larger indicator of what is going on.

ubequitz

RC4 Research bugs
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 05:27:46 pm »
Quote from: "jjavier"
I have found another problem.
It appears before your first crew menber dies.
In the next  mission, if I don't re-equip my crew or my aircraft, the stage starts with no 'actors' in my team.
Can you elaborate on this bug? I tried a new campaign in the SVN version, did the farm mission and made sure one of my soldiers died at the hands of an alien. Then without going to any of the base screens I went on to the next mission and noticed nothing out-of-place (had 7 fully equipped guys). Did I do something wrong?

mlisowsk

RC4 Research bugs
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 06:40:38 pm »
Regarding the research completion: maybe the scientsts are just surfing the internet or playing strategy games instead of working ;-) ?