project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 30339 - Fuel runs out almost instantly  (Read 9971 times)

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: 30339 - Fuel runs out almost instantly
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 06:26:21 pm »
Ok guys.  I compiled as debug and the fuel problem is no longer present.  Go figure?
If they had this problem with release builds in the past, it's probably the same bug that has been reintroduced through some change. So there is a starting point in checking how it was fixed in the past and then to see if the same fix will work again. They'll be that much more ahead with tracking it down and squishing it than they would be if they had to start from scratch.

Offline songangel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 09:22:43 pm »
Well that's one mystery solved, any idea about the inability to enter a mission?  See the log I posted.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 09:32:24 pm »
Well that's one mystery solved, any idea about the inability to enter a mission?  See the log I posted.

Solved?? The aircraft should not turn back in release mode either. If you can still reproduce it it's a bug we should fix urgently. Please help with it.

-geever

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 10:14:38 pm »
I'll try and do a release build soon to help hunt this down.

But if the city map keeps getting updated, that won't happen soon, since it takes two and a half hours to compile just that one map and I don't have unlimited time. I prefer playing with debug versions and will only compile a release version after compiling a debug one, so I can swap them out.

Offline songangel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 10:52:14 pm »
@geever - I'm more than willing to help but the only response I've gotten from anyone so far is "it's not happening to me".  Tell me what to look for or give me a possible source file to examine and I'll do everything I can to help.  

Did you have an opportunity to look at the console.log excerpt I posted from when I attempted to enter a mission?  If you'd prefer, I will create another thread to address that issue.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:03:25 pm by songangel »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 10:05:05 am »
"no available alien team"? are you sure that you have all script files? in particular the base/ufos/team_*.ufo

Offline songangel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 03:23:40 am »
"no available alien team"? are you sure that you have all script files? in particular the base/ufos/team_*.ufo

Matt thanks they don't appear to be installed but certainly are present in my copy of the repo.  I did make, make maps, make pk3 and finally make install.  Did I miss a step in the installation?

edit:  I noticed that there are several subdirectories within base that never made it to the install directory.  Hmm I must be missing something.  I even had a peek at the makefile and tried a make install_complete with no luck.   

edit again:  I copied the ufos dir to /usr/share/ufoai/base and now i can enter the mission.  apparently the 0ufos.pk3 isn't being loaded??
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:20:36 am by songangel »

Offline songangel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 03:16:18 am »
What i posted sounds like a pretty good lead into the mission issue.  Anyone?

Offline jerikojerk

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 10:24:05 pm »

Offline songangel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 03:40:43 am »
Hmmm so your saying I should delete saved games from previous revisions?  I'll try that and report my findings.

Offline alienfood

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 12:14:20 pm »
I want to add that I'm seeing this bug (fuel runs out instantly) in the 2.3 release.

This is starting a new game on the easiest difficulty, all options set to default except fullscreen and resolution. Build a base on the east tip of Newfoundland, wait for a UFO to appear, send a craft after it and it runs out of fuel right after lifting out of the base. Happens again and again, even though the craft supposedly has full fuel in the base screen.

Deleting my .ufoai directory makes no difference.

32-bit Arch Linux, Core Solo U1400, Intel 945@1280x768 (tried 1024x768 too). Compiled from source myself using this pkgbuild: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ufoai/ufoai/PKGBUILD (you can see the compile options there). Of course I updated the data to 2.3 as well.