project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: RC4-error  (Read 7478 times)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
RC4-error
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 07:56:28 pm »
you could try to debug the game via gdb (see wiki) and start ufo with "+set developer 1 +set vid_fullscreen 0" as parameters

* for endless loop: a strg+c in the debugger would stop the program
* otherwise (in case of a segfault) this is reported in gdb, too - just hit alt+tab to get the gdb console

type bt and print the output.

to install gdb (the debugger) just install dev-cpp (wiki) and add c:\dev-cpp\bin to your path variables (Workspace->Settings->Environment Variables)

that would really help to track that bug down. everything else might be guessing.

FlaewHen

RC4-error
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 09:58:27 pm »
As soon as I'll have some more time I'll do it. In the next few days I guess.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
RC4-error
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 07:12:34 am »
And you can track down any mentions of "font" in the ufoconsole.log obtained with +set developer 1.

ubequitz

RC4-error
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 09:15:54 am »
I can also get the game to crash with the same error you are encountering... but to do this I have to set the resolution very small (smaller than 600x400 from memory). However even at these small resolutions I can still at least get to the intro menu (and from there can increase the resolution).

FlaewHen

RC4-error
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 02:50:58 pm »
Thanks ubequitz ! You are right, as I switched the game resolution to 1024x768 and higher the game no longer crashes:] So the problem must have something to do with font display at lower resolutions; thanks again:)

ubequitz

RC4-error
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 09:14:20 am »
Latest trunk SVN (rev 3498) has a good chance of fixing this issue (according to my tests at least). So hopefully it won't be a problem with future releases.