project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: some proposals  (Read 3363 times)

Offline GreyWolfUA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
some proposals
« on: January 21, 2011, 02:19:48 pm »
Hello dear UFO funs and developers! :)
i play on v.2.3.1
it's cool really, i return to old times there was first UFO. But no limit perfection!
So, i would like to make developers attention for some futures:
1) medical kit - too strong thing. You can simple make people healthy, but one minutes ago troper was almost die. He recover are immediatly in compare with hospital in your Base! But Base has much better equpment for hospital. - Please make medical kit only for curing light wounds but not for full recovering. Serious wound should be cured only in hospital. Medical kit can recover no more than 50% of wounds
2) disposition on the battle map are stable. When you play more that 100battles it's so boring to see same map with same disposition of your ship, troopers, alien aircraft and aliens. Please make little random of disposion. To define few places on the same map where aircrafts can be located and make random. the same for troopers and aliens - it's should be a bit simplier because tropers and aliens takes less space on map
3) Aliens from crashed alien aircraft always alive! - why?? if aircraft damaged(30-50% remaining)? at least half of crew must die. - please make dependensy between status of aircraft (remaining percent) and count of aliens which alived
4) pilots should have some skills. will be nice to introduce some skills for pilots (accuracy, maneuvering, etc).
5) my troopers too brave. Will be more interesting if bravery will decreses much quicklier in case wounding and sit under fire, especialy in case no over troopers near and trooper alone.
6) will be very, very nice to add third party to the game! for example some terroristic organization, which attack your bases, some organizations which collaborate with Aliens and help them - defend alien aircrafts! attack your bases, and you can also attack their bases! some additional missions from the Goverment - to destroy some terrists, or defend important object from massive attack! (10-15 opponents). This is will increase very much of interest, especialy that this terroristic organizations will attack you by usual weapon, like shotguns, rocketlaunchers and assault rifles by everything which possible to buy on the market.
7) for that aim civilians on the map? All civilians can be die but it's doesn't fluent on mission success or for something else. Please make some dependency, for example if half of civilians will die, Country will be dissatisfied, in case most of civilians will die - country should be angry. My be it's already implemented but it's not really fluent
8) better if some civilians can defend themself, for example with pistols (policemans, securities on the objects, foresters etc.)
9) Escape missions. Will be nice to have escape missions, there your aim is to defend civilian group from alien attack. After mission you will get a money according to how many people were escaped. (in case <50% you will get nothing? in case 100% - extra money)
10) very easy to make country happy, just sell the alien aircrafts. But it not so much fluent on happines, it's just money. Real hapines can be reached only from anti alien activities.
11) aircraft battle not informative. Nice to see this battle and drive it (aggressive attack, or careful), to observe damages. By the way damages of aircraft not present. Craft or alive or crashed - that is all. Better to control it make an aircraft repair on the base.
12) Need to have some new alien type - quick, small and numerious, like 5-6 bugs or flys which make group attack, they have not much health but hardly aimed (because of small size).
Ths is may be not all that i want to see in the UFOAI but i saw more in compare with classical UFO.
You are the best! :)

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: some proposals
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:30:04 pm »
1) medical kit - too strong thing. You can simple make people healthy, but one minutes ago troper was almost die. He recover are immediatly in compare with hospital in your Base! But Base has much better equpment for hospital. - Please make medical kit only for curing light wounds but not for full recovering. Serious wound should be cured only in hospital. Medical kit can recover no more than 50% of wounds
2) disposition on the battle map are stable. When you play more that 100battles it's so boring to see same map with same disposition of your ship, troopers, alien aircraft and aliens. Please make little random of disposion. To define few places on the same map where aircrafts can be located and make random. the same for troopers and aliens - it's should be a bit simplier because tropers and aliens takes less space on map
3) Aliens from crashed alien aircraft always alive! - why?? if aircraft damaged(30-50% remaining)? at least half of crew must die. - please make dependensy between status of aircraft (remaining percent) and count of aliens which alived
4) pilots should have some skills. will be nice to introduce some skills for pilots (accuracy, maneuvering, etc).
5) my troopers too brave. Will be more interesting if bravery will decreses much quicklier in case wounding and sit under fire, especialy in case no over troopers near and trooper alone.
6) will be very, very nice to add third party to the game! for example some terroristic organization, which attack your bases, some organizations which collaborate with Aliens and help them - defend alien aircrafts! attack your bases, and you can also attack their bases! some additional missions from the Goverment - to destroy some terrists, or defend important object from massive attack! (10-15 opponents). This is will increase very much of interest, especialy that this terroristic organizations will attack you by usual weapon, like shotguns, rocketlaunchers and assault rifles by everything which possible to buy on the market.
7) for that aim civilians on the map? All civilians can be die but it's doesn't fluent on mission success or for something else. Please make some dependency, for example if half of civilians will die, Country will be dissatisfied, in case most of civilians will die - country should be angry. My be it's already implemented but it's not really fluent
8) better if some civilians can defend themself, for example with pistols (policemans, securities on the objects, foresters etc.)
9) Escape missions. Will be nice to have escape missions, there your aim is to defend civilian group from alien attack. After mission you will get a money according to how many people were escaped. (in case <50% you will get nothing? in case 100% - extra money)
10) very easy to make country happy, just sell the alien aircrafts. But it not so much fluent on happines, it's just money. Real hapines can be reached only from anti alien activities.
11) aircraft battle not informative. Nice to see this battle and drive it (aggressive attack, or careful), to observe damages. By the way damages of aircraft not present. Craft or alive or crashed - that is all. Better to control it make an aircraft repair on the base.
12) Need to have some new alien type - quick, small and numerious, like 5-6 bugs or flys which make group attack, they have not much health but hardly aimed (because of small size).

1. Overhaul planned but not implemented
2. I think you mean position. Most of the maps should be randomized but most general layouts do get stale after 20+ battles.
3. IIRC there are usually less than 8 (max number of 'em) aliens in the map. Also the aliens should be damaged but it might be hard to notice.
4. Planned.
5. IMO the last thing we need is morale lowering too fast. It would make the whole battlescape infuriating if your guys went berserk or fetal from only a couple of shots.
6. IIRC the devs shot down this suggestion, would detract too much from the alien fighting aspect.
7. Implemented but it doesn't show much. In general I'd say that they would be extremely tight-assed if they'd expect everyone to stay alive (and such be pleasently surprised when everybody does). You're in a war against enemies who don't recognize the Geneva Convention.
8. IIRC shot down by the devs. Too bad, certain "civilians" like the military personnel really should have assault rifles to defend themselves with while seeking cover.
9. Planned.
10. ...What was the question/suggestion?
11. Overhaul planned.
12. If I would have a say in this, please no or at least make sure flamethrowers and explosives can hit them. Things get ridiculous when area damage explosives or semi-area damage flames wouldn't it them.

Offline GreyWolfUA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 10:46:34 pm »
for 10) my propose is not enlarge country relation in case alien aircraft trading, only anti-alien missions can fluent on country relation.
for 12) sorry but i don't catch your answer - is't possible to implement(new alien type)? or aready done? Yes i agree regarding flamethrower and eplosive weapon which should be more eefective in this case
for 6) - it's a pity. In the UFO3 Appocalipse i get satisfaction and fun with conflicts with alien frendly organizations
for 2) for example map "Bridge" has always same disposition (at least for my craft and my troops)
new one:
13) reduce accuracy of a soldier in case both hands are busy (pistol+medicit or granade)
14) aliens never sit down, why?
thanks

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 11:25:05 pm »
It is possible to implement new alien types. But you need to make 3D model for it (one for every armour type they wear + no armour) plus make several animations for them, see:

http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Modelling
http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Modelling/Character_Animation

Other stuff, like UFO Pedia articles and stats are not that hard...

-geever

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 11:31:25 pm »
for 12) sorry but i don't catch your answer - is't possible to implement(new alien type)? or aready done? Yes i agree regarding flamethrower and eplosive weapon which should be more eefective in this case

As geever said, you can but it takes work. What I was saying was that I personally wouldn't want to see an enemy like that.

new one:
13) reduce accuracy of a soldier in case both hands are busy (pistol+medicit or granade)
14) aliens never sit down, why?
thanks

14. They do sit down but only when adopting the fetal position. I guess they don''t really care about accuracy.

Offline CheeseshireCat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 10:06:59 pm »
On point five. I actually got pretty frustrated by uselessness of suppressive fire. What about detracting (temporarily, like on their next turn) from accuracy and/or APs of characters (both human and alien) for each shot being fired at/near them? That way, say, a full auto burst, would make sense not only to kill someone off at point blank, but also from afar, just to make them less combat efficient.

Offline GreyWolfUA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:48:47 am »
On point five. I actually got pretty frustrated by uselessness of suppressive fire. What about detracting (temporarily, like on their next turn) from accuracy and/or APs of characters (both human and alien) for each shot being fired at/near them? That way, say, a full auto burst, would make sense not only to kill someone off at point blank, but also from afar, just to make them less combat efficient.
Nice idea which close to my proposition, if soldier feel that he is target and bullets whistling around him it should fluent on his moral

Offline CheeseshireCat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 04:59:22 pm »
Nice idea which close to my proposition, if soldier feel that he is target and bullets whistling around him it should fluent on his moral
Yeah, but since it just was said they don't wanna have it affect moral, I offered another way to implement the suppression.