project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Starter programer C  (Read 7474 times)

Offline Matachusets2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Starter programer C
« on: May 14, 2010, 01:54:50 am »
Hello everyone! I'm a boy of 25 years with experience "gamer" since I have 9. This year was tired of everyone telling me:
"Hey, with what you like computers that do not study?" I left school at 16 to go to work and I was afraid to return to stud, well, I bought a book of learning and I'm studying the language C. And not 100% finished but neither book can not be completed to learn without practicing much they have the book.

Well I'm going to the point:
One day looking for open source software for simple copy test and learn, I met this game inspired by the X-com that when I was between 9 and 14 years playing nonstop. So I download the open source but the codeblocks. Not the extent to which language is used c in this game, because in the code saw a file called LUA, which is a language is widely used in both commercial games open source, such as LUA language itself, only I know by references on the Internet and the compiler I use, WX-Dec C + +, how well a pack for use in the compiler. As I am learning by myself without anyone to teach me (and I like to have a mentor but I live in a village and those who know the topic for years and were hardly come by here, so you see how this case .. .), I would like to request a little help to know where I can try to get their hands and compiled by modules, as only compile all of the pull. I also talked about the corrections section, since I became a mess when I went to see them and not throw anything straight. (Weno something if, download 2GB of data that do not know what to do with them, so that delete it from my PC and I only download the version 2.3 dev.) Thank you and excuse me for my english I use a translator to do fast the post

Offline Matachusets2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Me again
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 01:59:11 am »
By the way I´m Spanish if your guys send the tex who haven´t yet translated to Spanish, I can do it. Thanks again

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Starter programer C
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 12:35:26 pm »
Welcome !
Here some info about translation:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Translating

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 10:54:56 pm »
There is a recent thread in the 'Newbie Coding' forum:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=4779.0
Maybe you can join forces ?

Offline Matachusets2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 03:46:02 am »
Hello, I have traslated both Spanish and bakucp the original, how I can update  SVN ones whit tortuise? It asked me for a password.
I try wit my login from here and password and can´t do nothing.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 08:12:29 pm »
Hello, I have traslated both Spanish and bakucp the original, how I can update  SVN ones whit tortuise? It asked me for a password.
I try wit my login from here and password and can´t do nothing.

Create a diff (patch) with your SVN client and upload it to the Patch Tracker.

-geever

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 08:28:45 am »
you don't have write access to the svn repository. only read access - as geever said, use the patch tracker to submit patches (diffs)

Offline Matachusets2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 02:38:11 am »
Ok, I think I do it well, if not tell what I have worng. First I do whit tortoise the diff and make a save in other directory whit same name and .po. I have registered on SourceForge and upload ufoai-es_ES.po in 7z format, the other .po file "ufoai-es.po" why are two spanish translations? Its for some special reason? if necesary i upload it, but as the same translation whit diferent name, like I found the two files. Thanks and sorry for my english.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 08:04:54 am »
"es_ES" mean spanish from Spain. Maybe "es" use a more generic vocabulary understandable by all countries talking spain (america latina...)

Offline Matachusets2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Starter programer C
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 01:57:12 am »
I got a problem whit this "(can host %i live alien)", when I translate, it corrup the *.po file and can´t open it anymore. I got a error mssg. what said
"1:56:58: D:\...\UFOAI translation ES\src\po\ufoai-es_ESmodificado.po:17624: missing `msgstr[]' section 1:56:58: msgfmt: found 1 fatal error".

By the way I omited this one who cause trouble and continue transte the *.po.

Thanks very much guys.

POST-EDIT: What are provisional? I can translate every correctly.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:09:08 am by Matachusets2 »

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 11:10:54 am »
provide a diff of your corrupted edition. Or few lines where the problem is

Offline Matachusets2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 01:45:48 am »
Hello everyone! I uploaded a *. 7z file with the *. po file corrupt and info.txt. Now I'm translating the yellow lines, a few I will translate and test the results before I do anything else, I found a very rare  taducion and I have the feeling that they will not work as I believe, and sorry for the previous post the other day was a little dizzy when I wrote, thanks to all
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:16:48 am by Matachusets2 »

Offline Matachusets2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 10:01:02 pm »
Hi! how I can rebuil the game whit the source fron SVN whit codeblock? It don´t allow me and said the file has no compiler installed. And I have they installed include WX 2.81 i think, But I´m sure is the last version I like to see the game and the translation Im doing. Thanks guys.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 11:17:17 pm »
Hi! how I can rebuil the game whit the source fron SVN whit codeblock? It don´t allow me and said the file has no compiler installed. And I have they installed include WX 2.81 i think, But I´m sure is the last version I like to see the game and the translation Im doing. Thanks guys.

Make sure you're using the latest codeblock package linked on our wiki site. It contains all the libs you need. Detailed description how to set up the CodeBlock environment for compiling UFO:AI can be found here.

-geever

Offline Matachusets2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 01:15:50 am »
A lot of thanks! I just did what said in the wiki and now is working, but there is one more toruble, how I can change the output directory? I just make a mess and compile on the source directory! Thanks again

Edit: I let the compilation on the source dir, is a boring task search and clean jeje, by the way the game is compile fully, and the maps and pot files, but I see there is a file "WINenvVER", the game star, the compiler sais go, its a harder error to detec because there is no warning no fault, the copy I running stop because don´t find the version scripts and no more futher.

Also there is the report:

---- filesystem initialization -----
Adding game dir: ./base
Adding game dir: D:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\UFOAI/2.4-dev/base
using D:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\UFOAI/2.4-dev/base for writing
executing default.cfg
couldn't execute config.cfg

----- network initialization -------
libcurl/7.16.4 zlib/1.2.2 initialized.

------ server initialization -------

----- console initialization -------
Console initialized.