project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Victories do not seem to tally up  (Read 4228 times)

kirkwood

Victories do not seem to tally up
« on: August 31, 2006, 06:35:58 pm »
First off, great stuff...taking me back to the good ol' days!

Secondly, after successfully completing missions, including a perfect all aliens, no humans killed, the victories are not being recorded when you go to the status box for how organization statistics.  I think this is adversely affecting things because the governments only seem to view this as failure.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 01:43:02 am »
I hope that only the count of missions won is not updated. Is the mission recorded as lost in the stats screen? How does nations happiness change?

Walle

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 11:51:31 am »
i have the same problem, for me it doesent make any differens if i win or if i stay in my base and don´t even try to kill the Aliens, the goverments is geting more angry for every Alien attack and after a while they "give up".

More problems:
map La Paz and San Fransisco only shows a black screen and the game crashed and Fargo crashes when you change turns (did not check the bsp name).

On Busan ( Harbor07d ) the starting lokation is wrong for one of the team members, 7 persons of the team starts in one of the corners and 1 starts in the center of the map.

And after you have defended your base against an Alien attack, the base is still showing "The base is under attack" and you can´t build or do any thing.

**edit**
a picture showing the statistics:
http://wallbing.com/filer/stat.jpg

and this is how many missions it was when at the same time:
http://wallbing.com/filer/howmanymissions.jpg

/Walle

ironmonkey

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 02:03:44 pm »
I'm having the same issue, I can fight the mission, win it (the victory screen after the individual mission) and still not have any score showing. Then I get the same 'government is disappointed' effect.
Just wanted to say you guys aren't alone.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 03:34:45 pm »
Thank you for the reports and screenshots. This is a major bug and should be fixed ASAP, I think.

One more question --- have you got any extra soldiers or scientists (workers and medics do not count) after the first month? After the next months?

ironmonkey

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 03:57:46 pm »
No extra soldiers now that I think about it... it just slipped my mind after I noticed the lack of credit for my alien expunging efforts.  :shock:

kirkwood

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 04:22:58 pm »
What they said...

That's been the problem I've been seeing.

I'll actually have to get through a month to figure out whether I get extra soldiers and scientists.  I was getting frustrated seeing my statistics going down so drastically.

Walle

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 05:32:34 pm »
When i played to the "end" of the demo i had got 1 extra worker...

/Walle

ubequitz

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 07:37:12 pm »
Yes this is a major bug...  hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I'm amazed you managed to play through to the end! You should join the developers and other users on IRC (channel ufo:ai on irc.freenode.org) to discuss game-balance issues (cost of items, time for research to complete etc).
Quote from: "Walle"
More problems:
map La Paz and San Fransisco only shows a black screen and the game crashed and Fargo crashes when you change turns (did not check the bsp name).
The black screen on startup can happen from time to time (see http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1549923&group_id=157793&atid=805242). The work-around at the moment is to retry the mission straight away. The crash on turn-change might be related to the "Village crash bug" (http://ufo.myexp.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=457) which is now fixed in SVN.
On Busan ( Harbor07d ) the starting lokation is wrong for one of the team members, 7 persons of the team starts in one of the corners and 1 starts in the center of the map.
This should probably be reported on the sourceforge bug tracker.
And after you have defended your base against an Alien attack, the base is still showing "The base is under attack" and you can´t build or do any thing.
I fixed this recently in SVN :)

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 09:09:15 pm »
Could you guys say on which difficulty you played and how hard it felt (I know, too hard due to the bugs, but still...). Also what was particularly hard and what was easy. Thank you!

ubequitz

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 09:44:51 pm »
This issue (the nation opinions and the victory tally) is now fixed in the SVN version :)

Unless you run the SVN version you will have to wait until the next release though, sorry.