project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Interceptor engagement  (Read 3627 times)

Offline SparcMan

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Interceptor engagement
« on: January 12, 2010, 11:53:27 am »
When I tried engaging with a UFO with an interceptor for the first time, I feel I was missing something. The interceptor was equipped with armor, weapons and ammo, but after it came within a certain range of the UFO, I saw two circular regions around the interceptor and shortly after, I get the message that I lost the battle. I didn't seem to have any control over the battle or a good indication if/when I shoudl retreat due to damage. Are the interceptor engagements fully automatic or did I miss something? Thanks!

-SparcMan

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Interceptor engagement
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 02:33:31 pm »
Up to now automatic but they will be changed in the future.

And it is normal that your aircraft are shot down in the beginning. You can only win against the scout ships (the smallest) without the good (alien) weapons.

ANdy

Offline setreset1

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 02:30:36 pm »
In the 2.2 version, You could always win if you equipped the interceptors with the longest range missiles and sent 3 interceptors together. I don't know if this applies still to ver 2.3.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 02:44:25 pm »
In the 2.2 version, You could always win if you equipped the interceptors with the longest range missiles and sent 3 interceptors together. I don't know if this applies still to ver 2.3.
It doesn't. Even with that setup, you will always lose at least one out of three against a harvester if you send three against one and they all attack at the same time. Two against one and fighters will come down. One on one you will lose even against a fighter.

Haven't gotten to the alien weapons yet, too early with my 2.3 game.