project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Multiplayer Coop  (Read 3079 times)

Offline EaglePryde

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Multiplayer Coop
« on: August 11, 2009, 03:22:37 pm »
First i'm new here but was watching the board for a very long time.

I like the progress on the game and wanted to Request a Feature. I know it is far to early for this but it doesn't hurt to write it down :)

What i would like to have is a full Multiplayer capable Game. Not just the Maps but also the Story Mode. Would be really cool to have a human coop Vs. Aliens AI or vice versa..or something like Humans vs. Aliens both player controled.

I know something similar has been build back then for Ufo Enemy Unknown and what was lacking in all the Games.

It would need a good concept but i think it can be done. I would have some ideas that could be usefull if you someday try to integrate MP in the story mode.

Offline Durandle

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer Coop
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 08:23:02 pm »
I second such a request. I am aware that it would be quite a mammoth undertaking though.

What I have found is that most of my friends who played the original UFO games keep going on about how great it would be to play it multilayer. So I pointed out UFO:AI - but they all lost interest when they found out the multilayer was only skirmish mode - their argument being that the awesome thing about UFO is the story mode and progression - and that is what they wanted to have multilayer - just running fights is a bit of fun but not very long lasting.

I didn't agree with them at first, but after playing some games on-line I've gone towards agreeing with them. It be a killer feature.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 09:31:06 pm »
Campaigns for multiplayer is not planned. Sorry, but unless you can and will program it yourself it won't be done. For a very long time, at least...

Offline Durandle

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 12:39:28 am »
Fair enough, I did guess it would be a little bit of a big change so late in the design.