project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Human vs. Human and more!  (Read 3881 times)

Offline justinlee999

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Human vs. Human and more!
« on: November 20, 2009, 04:01:05 pm »
Ok, this might be demanding but I can't keep this in my heart, what about Human vs. Human?

Just get another company like Phalanx, just AI controlled, these guys advance in technology in the speed of their difficulty, and they can be allies with you and just launch attacks.
The base layouts are like normal ones.

Just think of another PHALANX just with AI controlling.
Programming wise, I don't think this should be hard.

If certain time passed, then activate certain switches.

What about an auction house maybe? ^.^

Its going to be people betting over expensive items, so you can get cheaper stuff if you have enough time.
Also, the other companies can sell you alien stuff if they are allies and raided enough crash sites :)

I'll post more tomorrow.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Human vs. Human and more!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 06:38:32 pm »
It can be a very nice new multiplayer game mode, but something like that will be very hard to implement imho.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 12:46:10 am »
It doesn't make sense in the story. PHALANX is supposed to be the spearhead of Anti-Alien war with militaries supporting them. Having another would be pointless, expensive and work against themselves. Just imagine the two hopes of humanity bickering about who should get that strange new armor or that awesome weapon from the last terror mission. It just doesn't make sense.
I also don't like the idea of a new rival/opponent. When all the AI changes and balance issues are done and dealed with (I have high hopes for you ;)) the Aliens will most likely appear in your nightmares, if they don't already; the last thing you need then is a rival organisation competing for funding.

Maybe on multiplayer it could be nice but it most certainly should be kept out of the main campaign IMO.

Offline justinlee999

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 02:59:21 am »
Well, another major company could spawn a new company against you.

And maybe we shouldn't include it in the main campaign, but we can have another campaign :)

The main thing here is to increase or decrease the difficulty ( however you like it :) )

Just treat it like Aliens, only use the human models and let them have more equipment as time passes.

Or we could have another side-campaign on no aliens just humans only. ( Maybe the Post-Alien war )
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:16:47 am by justinlee999 »

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 01:24:59 am »
I would personally like to see the human ai able to handle some minor issues itself. Not a direct competition thing, nor even a second group of people, but the humans on the terror missions the aliens keep starting.

Since my human weapons can do considerable damage against an alien, often killing them with a couple hits, even with weak weapons, I suspect some humans will also have such weapons. 1 hit will injure aliens, and possibly even kill them, so considering humans greatly outnumber aliens in any of the battles, it would be nice if the humans could do something, anything to try to protect their own lives.

Even the weakest guns I could find did a fair amount of damage against the aliens.

So, in summary, I don't like the idea of competition, but having humans be a bit more useful would be great! I mean, the only times the humans actually do anything useful is when they are shooting at you after they've been infected. And at that point, they *can* hit, fairly well, so I suspect they can hit before they get infected too..

Offline skarg

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 08:27:07 pm »
could we have human criminal maps "poppy fields - alien crash" or something
you could have some humans armed with guns (maybe a rocket launcher to make it interesting)
who shoot at both
phalanx and the aliens

could be entertaining - probably something for 2.4
that would be interesting though
I have already seen proposals for having the cops shoot at the aliens
that would make a  mission much more interesting though.
-XVI infected humans,cops,irate farmers, criminal syndicate members, local troops, pissed off store owners,
gang bangers, women with baby carriages - all packing heat

you could even have a "comedy map" aliens crash into the midst of an NRA convention!
LOL just stand there and watch as 30 citizens or so pull out guns and a wild west shootout develops...
 :o

Offline Hank

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Human vs. Human and more?
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 07:00:51 pm »
It seems that the original suggestion would add minimal value at best. Why would you want an AI team flying missions in your game? It doesn't make sense. With most of the basic tech tree still needing to be implemented this is far from necessary.

Though I do agree with the later comments that some of the human npcs could be armed (or even just programmed to run away from, rather than towards, the sound of combat). I just played the military convoy terror attack. A cool map, which would be a natural place to have your force arrive in the middle of an ongoing firefight.

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 04:32:05 pm »
HanK: Military convoy attack map?

I've been playing this game (2.3) for a long time now and I have a very limited choice of maps. I'd be interested in how you get these maps I don't know.

Andy

Offline Captain Skill

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 08:15:44 am »
Human aggressors definitely make sense in XVI infected areas, though I'm not sure if XVI infected human collaborators actively working with the aliens is a good idea.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 03:22:05 pm »
IIRC humans WILL appear alongside aliens with their gear if you let the XVI go too far. One more reason why you should try to stop it the very minute you research it.

It's likely though that most, if not all, of those humans are civilians who have been given extra training and gear (implants?) to make them tougher. Militaries and even police forces are more organised and I'd think they would be better at not getting caught.
If nothing else, PHALANX soldiers should never appear with the aliens.