project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How's it going?  (Read 2457 times)

AdamGrenway

How's it going?
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:22:23 pm »
What's up everyone? My name is Adam. I'm from Seattle. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.. I hope I posted this in the right section.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: How's it going?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:40:40 pm »
It would either be in here or on the off-topic. Not sure which though.

Anyway, it is slow as usual, at least if you don't look at how often the SVN is updated. Devs are still trying to get the newest version (2.3) stable with all the new features.

Offline Jarkill

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 01:11:10 am »
Ironically enough I signed up to tell you that this guy (AdamGrenway) is just a spammer/spambot, seen him on some other forums.

I've actually been following UFO:AI since it was first released on a PC user magazine disc, but never actually bothered to sign up or anything.

Awesome game. Pity I still use 2.2.1 and can't really play singleplayer due to the cloning bug, and can't play multiplayer due to the constant DC/Graphics card crashing issues.

Still though, an awesome game, and the issues aren't even your fault really (Graphics card for example is a Nvidia problem with OpenGL). I wish you luck and keep up the good work!

And yeah, this sort of thing should be in off-topic, not general discussion. In another forum I visit he posted in suggestions >.>

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 05:58:34 pm »
I just realised that the other guy I said that was also a spambot/spammer. Even worse, he used the same message as this guy :o.
I think I just failed.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 06:02:34 pm »
Well, little slip-ups like that are what make you human, Hertzila.   ;)

Anyways, I hit the "ban" switch on that bot, if it pops up again I'll deal with it as needed.

@Jarkill: Welcome to the forum, glad you enjoy what you've seen of the game so far.