Technical support > Linux

No music in game (installed from deb's)

<< < (5/6) > >>

QkiZ:
@Spyro:
I'll check the developer version and write if there is a problem with sound.
Tips from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=776739 not helped me.

Spyro:
Hopefully the 2.3-dev version works, but if not.... Then....

It occurs to me that I should have asked a question a long time ago...

What type of sound card are you using?  :)

QkiZ:
I play the game on two computers (in home and at work ;) ). Both computers have Intel HD Audio Controller.

Spyro:
Well, in that case, I don't see any hardware-related reason that sound would fail in ufoai. More than likely it is/was a pulseaudio issue. If it isn't solved by the switch to 2.3-dev then just remove pulseaudio and save yourself the headache. Based on my experiences removing pulseaudio on several different machines (successfully and without incident so far), the best way to do it is with the following procedure:

1. Remove PulseAudio

--- Code: ---sudo apt-get remove --purge pulseaudio
sudo apt-get remove --purge pulseaudio-*
sudo apt-get remove --purge gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio

--- End code ---

2. Install Esound - (Not Sure if This is really needed or not, but seems to help retain system sounds in gnome. It can't hurt anything.)

--- Code: ---sudo apt-get install esound

--- End code ---

3. Add Audio Hacks Repository - just follow the direction here: https://launchpad.net/~dtl131/+archive/ppa

4. Re-Add Volume Control to Panel - The one included with ubuntu is attached to pulse and bugs out when you remove pulseaudio. By adding the audio hacks repository you get access to versions of gnome-applets, gnome-media, and gnome-settings-daemon that were compiled with pulseaudio support disabled. You can try to do this yourself, but dpkg always bugged out for me.

Or, as a totally different alternative, you could just install a distro that is not so rigidly attached to pulseaudio. I am an ubuntu user myself, but when it comes to functionality sometimes you must be distro agnostic.

QkiZ:
I'm downloading right now version 2.3 of game. I have question: is savegame files are compatible with developer version?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version