Technical support > Mac

OSX build of UFO:AI 2.3 available as torrent

<< < (2/3) > >>

kilder:
First of all, many thanks for undertaking this work for all of the computer illiterates here! :) I was getting somewhat jealous of those windows users with so many dev builds :P

But —there's always a but— the app also doesn't run on my system (10.5.8-). Here's the terminal output:

--- Code: ---Last login: Tue Jan  5 10:41:46 on ttys000

~/Applications/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo ; exit;
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap
logout
--- End code ---

And that's what the console says —just for checking, it seems the same—:

--- Code: ---05/01/10 10:42:48 [0x0-0x1e01e].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[175] dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
05/01/10 10:42:48 com.apple.launchd[64] ([0x0-0x1e01e].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[175]) Exited abnormally: Trace/BPT trap
--- End code ---

I hope it helps you!

oherrala:

--- Quote from: kilder on January 05, 2010, 10:45:26 am ---First of all, many thanks for undertaking this work for all of the computer illiterates here! :) I was getting somewhat jealous of those windows users with so many dev builds :P

But —there's always a but— the app also doesn't run on my system (10.5.8-). Here's the terminal output:

--- Code: ---Last login: Tue Jan  5 10:41:46 on ttys000

~/Applications/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo ; exit;
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap
logout
--- End code ---
I hope it helps you!

--- End quote ---
Thank you for this information! The error message ("dyld: unknown ...") leads to Apple Support discussion:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2151112

Which supports the assumption that my build is not 10.5 compatible. Next steps for me is to figure out how to build 10.5 compatible software from MacPorts and then how to build and package the UFO:AI with the 10.5 compatibility.

Maybe (I have no idea right now) it would be easier to do what Warzone 2100 (http://wz2100.net) is doing. They have XCode project which fetches all/some the depencies (SDL, etc.) and build the known-to-work versions before building the game itself.

tchristney:
My wife is still running 10.5. I'll see if my local builds run on her machine. I've been trying to be at least somewhat careful in my builds, but I haven't tried testing. The main problem with pre-release builds is that they are so quickly out of date. That said, having more non-coders poking around and discovering bugs is always a good thing. Mattn, is it worthwhile to upload weeklies or something to sourceforge?

Dorzak:
Is the bittorrent still valid?  I can't seem to find any of it with multiple clients.

oherrala:

--- Quote from: Dorzak on January 16, 2010, 11:12:20 am ---Is the bittorrent still valid?  I can't seem to find any of it with multiple clients.
--- End quote ---

Yes, it's still alive. And there's some seeds and at least one peer right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version