project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: balancing (maps) in 2.3-dev  (Read 1469 times)

ChemBro

balancing (maps) in 2.3-dev
« on: December 22, 2009, 07:20:57 pm »
Yes, my next single player campaign balancing thread.  ;)

This time, I want to know, if there are more different maps in the single player campaign, because most of the time, I'm playing the same maps over and over again and it is getting annoying (and boring).

In 2.2.1 (iirc), there was a italy-like map, a mine map, a baseball/football (?) map, a gas station map, some sort of city map, the transport map, the tower map, the map with the military convoy... so many different maps, and now, the only new one I have in single player campaign in 2.3-dev is the base attack map. Minus the ones I mentioned (and many more).

In 2.3 dev I have: base attack map (but not anymore, because I shoot the ufos down, before they can get to me), the shot ufo maps (scout, fighter, harvester) [about 70% of all missions], the industrial map (about 20% of all missions), the farm map, sometimes this snow one thingy, sometimes an oriental map. One japanese map.

And that's it. As I mentioned before, there were so many different maps in 2.2.1 and I'm wondering, where they are. I don't know if I want to end this game, because it is getting so boring. The same missions over and over again and I already researched everything I can (but no sheevar in sight, no coil gun and so on; it is Dec 24th 2084).

My question: Why is there less variaty in the missions in 2.3-dev?

I'm playing on easy (second easiest difficulty).