Technical support > Mac

Won't save, "file size mismatch"

(1/4) > >>

zorgz:
Well I use my mac book pro with leopard and whenever I try and save the game it says " Error saving game.  Size mistmatch- failed to save the game"

Don't know why. looks like it's version 2.2.1. i386

i just want to continue dominating the aliens.

geever:

--- Quote from: zorgz on December 14, 2009, 11:29:26 pm ---Well I use my mac book pro with leopard and whenever I try and save the game it says " Error saving game.  Size mistmatch- failed to save the game"

Don't know why. looks like it's version 2.2.1. i386

i just want to continue dominating the aliens.

--- End quote ---

Just a guess: Do you have (enough) free space on the disk?

-geever

zorgz:
yes definitely

criusmac:
When I used a Mac 20 years ago, I noticed it couldn't detect or handle bad sectors. One common practice was to put a file on the bad sector and never move or delete it. I have no idea if the Mac has changed much in 20 years, so maybe it's a bad sector?

Well, I'll post this message anyways. If nothing else it can be laughed at or bring back fond memories, or something...

zorgz:

--- Quote from: criusmac on December 15, 2009, 05:31:53 am ---When I used a Mac 20 years ago, I noticed it couldn't detect or handle bad sectors. One common practice was to put a file on the bad sector and never move or delete it. I have no idea if the Mac has changed much in 20 years, so maybe it's a bad sector?

Well, I'll post this message anyways. If nothing else it can be laughed at or bring back fond memories, or something...

--- End quote ---

well i dont really know what this means, but I tried reinstalling the program but nothin, still doesn't save :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version