project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Blender v2.5 test build available for download soon!  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Blender v2.5 test build available for download soon!
« on: November 23, 2009, 10:08:38 pm »
For those who do 3D modeling, it looks like late today or tomorrow the first early test build of Blender 2.5 will be out and available for download.

I don't know what new features it will have, but from looking at screen shots I'm guessing (and hoping) it will be impressive.  I've already heard the rendering time is much shorter for making animation videos, and lots of other things are supposed to be improved.

Edit:  Just found a download link to a windows build that's already up for people to grab, it just isn't on the main Blender site yet!

I've gotta check this out...

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:13:40 pm by Destructavator »

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Blender v2.5 test build available for download soon!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 10:44:06 pm »
I just fired up the build I downloaded - very impressive new interface!   8)

Not only does it seem very slick and streamlined compared to 2.4x, but so far it hasn't crashed or given me any errors or anything.

The new interface is much easier to use, I think newcomers to Blender will like it.

Now I just have to figure out these new features and where some of the old ones got moved to...

P.S. - I heard there's also a Linux build, same revision, out there that's also not on the official site, for those who want to try it out early.