project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Few question from newbie  (Read 3651 times)

Offline QkiZ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Few question from newbie
« on: January 08, 2010, 07:00:52 pm »
I really like the UFO: AI because it reminds me the good old days when I played UFO Enemy Unknown on Amiga. Therefore, I have a few questions:
1. Is in the UFO: AI is the choice of method of attack during air combat, as it was in UFO Enemy Unknown?
2. I'm just beginning the campaign and it's terribly hard to shoot down a UFO eg Harvester. Does the Earth flying vehicles will have more powerful weapons?
3. Why is Earth's weapon is better than alien weapons? For example, a machine gun does more damage than a blaster.
 ???

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Few question from newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 08:12:10 pm »
I really like the UFO: AI because it reminds me the good old days when I played UFO Enemy Unknown on Amiga. Therefore, I have a few questions:
1. Is in the UFO: AI is the choice of method of attack during air combat, as it was in UFO Enemy Unknown?

Not yet. Airfight system is not implemented yet.

2. I'm just beginning the campaign and it's terribly hard to shoot down a UFO eg Harvester. Does the Earth flying vehicles will have more powerful weapons?

Yes.

3. Why is Earth's weapon is better than alien weapons? For example, a machine gun does more damage than a blaster.
 ???

Weaponstats may need balancing.

Don't forget, you're playing with a beta. If you can come up with better stats, send a patch (but use the latest trunk for developing).

-geever

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Few question from newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:37:47 pm »
3. Aliens just field "toys" in the beginning because they didn't expect to meet resistance against their devious plan. Rest assured: their weapons will quickly become deadly. ;)  enjoy the short time that you are shot at with plasma only. I only say... NEEEDLES IN MY ASS! ;)

Andy