project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: No destructable walls?  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Wolpertinger

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
No destructable walls?
« on: November 30, 2009, 01:45:17 am »
So far, I've really enjoyed the game - it has a lot of potential and has fixed a lot of little irritations that x-com was prone to. I do have one major  thing that's bothered me, though. As far as I can tell, in the current stable version there's no destructable walls or terrain at all - is this going to stick around, or is it one of those 'to be implemented later' things? Blowing up walls and objects to deprive the aliens of cover was one of my most essential tactics, and without it I'm finding myself getting killed by aliens hiding behind a shelf in a supermarket or behind a flimsy balcony. Being able to destroy objects seemed to be one of the major, essential strengths of high explosive weaponry, to compensate for the difficult aiming and chance for friendly fire.. without it, I'm seriously tempted to remove most of my HE and just use grenades.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: No destructable walls?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 02:28:34 am »
The Q2 engine we use does not support destructible terrain.
Plz use forum search on 'engine change' and 'destructible terrain' to figure out more.

Offline roboman

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: No destructable walls?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 01:51:59 am »
I love to play in latest game from source, and I was thinking about game and no destructable.
I concluded that it is absolutely GOOD and totally is not bad. Now I will explain why.
Firstly, good game is not always a realistic simulator. Do you think UFOAI is a realistic game? Yes and big NO. That is why there is nothing to care of seriously.
Secondly, do we realy need a super realistic game with super high graphic? Well, I say no. Becouse I don't need Crysis or Counter Strike. I love story and magic of the game mostly, I guess you too.
Let's look at the Diablo 3, for example. It is fucking Blizzard. It have amazing graphic, amazing gameplay. Development on Diablo III began in 2001, first beta was in 2011 and all this time it in the development. Now everything is perfect. Do you wanna play diablo 3? Fuck! It is totally shit now! There is no zest and no fun. Just another mmo game, no metter online or offline.
Brilliant stuff is always made with some luck in accident and hard work. That is why we love UFOAI so much.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:02:11 pm by roboman »