project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: SVN-2719 Bugs  (Read 4088 times)

Raistlin

SVN-2719 Bugs
« on: August 14, 2006, 11:03:39 pm »
Hi,

I found the following bugs in SVN version 2719:
- No production is possible although workshop and workers are available.
- Hiring of new soldiers is not possible, because new ones are not available    
  for selection.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SVN-2719 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 11:27:25 pm »
Quote from: "Raistlin"
I found the following bugs in SVN version 2719:

Thank you for your report!

- No production is possible although workshop and workers are available.

Corrected in r2733. That was acutally my fault. Sorry! :)

- Hiring of new soldiers is not possible, because new ones are not available    
  for selection.

I guess you should get new ones at the end of the monts, but I'm not sure it is implemented already. Perhaps we should also add a one-time boost after the first missions (or at each campaign stage end)?

Jesterftk

SVN-2719 Bugs
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 11:37:09 pm »
* when a soldier drops equipment on the floor and another trys to pick it up, it vanishes. picking up one item is possible but rest is gone. (bug)

*right now its a bit tricky to have the soldiers LOOK into certain directions (for reaction fire covering areas) without let em move around and waste TUs (feature?)

*reaction fire only fires ONE action even if the soldier didnt do anything that round, the number of actions and its initiative should depend on a soldier reflexes.. (feature?)

*might make reaction fire a toggle button for soldiers? so they safe up reaction TUs every round without clicking it  again ang again.. (feature?)

*soldiers dont ream after a mission back in base to their initialy set outfit, even if ammo and equipment is in stock.. (feature?)

i keep kicking on this svn further..

v29a

SVN-2719 Bugs
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 12:49:10 am »
Quote from: "Jesterftk"
*right now its a bit tricky to have the soldiers LOOK into certain directions (for reaction fire covering areas) without let em move around and waste TUs (feature?)

middle mouse button ;-)

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
SVN-2719 Bugs
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 01:19:38 am »
* when a soldier drops equipment on the floor and another trys to pick it up, it vanishes. picking up one item is possible but rest is gone. (bug)

And an old one...

*reaction fire only fires ONE action even if the soldier didnt do anything that round,

This is intensional. No camping, please.  Move, move. :)

the number of actions and its initiative should depend on a soldier reflexes.. (feature?)

I wonder how the initiative thins is coded currently...

*might make reaction fire a toggle button for soldiers? so they safe up reaction TUs every round without clicking it  again ang again.. (feature?)

Already a feature request on sf. Any volunteer to code that?

*soldiers dont ream after a mission back in base to their initialy set outfit, even if ammo and equipment is in stock.. (feature?)

I don't understand this one...

Jesterftk

SVN-2719 Bugs
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 01:58:47 am »
Quote from: "Bandobras"

And an old one...

Where can i look up "old ones"? i guess better double posted than not mentioned ;)

*reaction fire only fires ONE action even if the soldier didnt do anything that round,

This is intensional. No camping, please.  Move, move. :)

Why no camping ? This is no CS, it a legitimate Tactics and the effectivity of camping would be determined by the Reflex-calculations of the soldiers. So if an alien walks into sight it might kill the soldier before he can react once, then could kill him before he can react the second time.. and so on.

I don't understand this one...

Well i just want to skip the "after-mission" reload orgy for each soldier and have him grab his "standart-ammo" from the shelf if its in storage of the base.

Raistlin

Re: SVN-2719 Bugs
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 01:39:50 pm »
Hi,

Quote from: "Bandobras"

I guess you should get new ones at the end of the monts, but I'm not sure it is implemented already. Perhaps we should also add a one-time boost after the first missions (or at each campaign stage end)?

I tested your assumption and i didn't get any new soldier within 4 months until no one was left. :-(

I would propose to keep a minimum of 4 soldiers to be available for hiring all the time because if the whole team gets killed during a mission you will not be able to earn money or to defend your base.
Beside that a random number of new soldiers should be available for hiring at  the end of each month. :)

HaJo

SVN-2719 Bugs
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 07:03:45 pm »
* It is not possible to build any new buildings in a base
* --> new bases can only have an entrance,
* but they still get a dropship
* if you try to send this empty dropship to a mission, the program crashes

* Singleplayer/Continue does not continue, but loads the most recently saved game.
That means you can lose a lot of progress if you visit "Options" without saving.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
SVN-2719 Bugs
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 02:50:36 am »
Where can i look up "old ones"?

On the bugtracker on sf.

i guess better double posted than not mentioned ;)

Sure. :) Thanks, pal.

Why no camping ? This is no CS, it a legitimate Tactics

I'm open to discussion, but it just sounds very boring. Camping is discouraged in many FPSs not because the game creators or server admins are bad at camping and don't want to loose, but because it results in boring gameplay. I think it would be similar in UFO:AI (even singleplayer). Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Well i just want to skip the "after-mission" reload orgy for each soldier and have him grab his "standart-ammo" from the shelf if its in storage of the base.

This sounds like a new bug. Please state your version and if it's the latest xdelta, then please post this bug on sf, attaching base/ufoconsole.log. If it's RC3 don't bother, the code has chaned over three times. :)

Quote from: "Raistlin"
I tested your assumption and i didn't get any new soldier within 4 months until no one was left. :-(

Thank you for your report. Now I fixed this (I hope) in SVN trunk. Countries should donate soldiers, workers, etc. at the end of each month (if you make them happy). Soldiers and scientists are harder to get if nations are unhappy. Please test.

I would propose to keep a minimum of 4 soldiers

Ha! Aliens will eat you for dinner with such an attitude. :P

Quote from: "HaJo"
* It is not possible to build any new buildings in a base
* --> new bases can only have an entrance,

Already reported in another topic and already fixed.

* but they still get a dropship

A bug.

* if you try to send this empty dropship to a mission, the program crashes

Wow, a horrible bug, that is. Please report.

* Singleplayer/Continue does not continue, but loads the most recently saved game.
That means you can lose a lot of progress if you visit "Options" without saving.

A bug. Please report on sf.

HaJo

SVN-2719 Bugs
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 03:31:48 pm »
Done:
* issue 1541978 "Crash when sending empty dropship to mission",
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1541978&group_id=157793&atid=805242
* issue 1541974 "Singleplayer/Continue does not continue"
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1541974&group_id=157793&atid=805242

* issue 1543086 'Crash after "Enter" mission with Com_RemoveFromInventory'
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1543086&group_id=157793&atid=805242