Technical support > Mac

Problem with making a Mac universal binary

<< < (3/5) > >>

keybounce:
OpenAl is not available in universal binary in Mac Ports.

If either Ufo or Radiant requires OpenAl, then it cannot be compiled as universal.

I've sent a message to the macports mailing list, but there is no current maintainer for this library.

Mattn:
the glib problem seems to only occur if you build an universal, too

the strange thing is that if you skip the --enable-universal in your configure call the pkg-config will deliver the correct CFLAGS (that also contains the include option for the include/glib2.0/ directory) - but if you enable universal only the LDFLAGS are set correctly, but the CFLAGS are not.

keybounce:
OpenAl is included in Mac OS 10.4 and higher:

Kleiman-ibook:Development michael$ ls /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/
total 16
4 CodeResources@   4 OpenAL@      0 Versions/
4 Headers@      4 Resources@

I'm going to punt on this issue; 10.2 and 10.3 people will have to wait.

keybounce:
And it's a non-issue: Gtk2 requires 10.4.

Worse:
--- Quote from: Gtk mac home page@http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/wiki/GtkQuartz ---Gtk+-2 is implemented on Macintosh OSX in gtk+-2/gdk/quartz and gtk+-2/gtk. The current list of files are provided below. Graphics and text rendering are provided by Cairo Graphics and Pango, respectively. As of this writing, the Quartz implementations of both Cairo and Pango appear to be actively maintained.

Sadly, the same cannot be said of Gtk+. The primary developer of both the contents of this project and of the Quartz backend for Gtk+, Richard Hult, has withdrawn from further work on any aspect of Gtk+ on OSX. When we pointedly asked on the gtk-devel mailing list if there was anyone with commit permission who was willing to commit to keeping the Quartz backend current, we were met with silence.
--- End quote ---

Meanwhile, I'm still having trouble getting this (gtk) to compile universal. Just grabbing a disk image and having it installed is almost looking favorable :-).

The error I'm getting is:

--- Code: ---Making all in gtk
/usr/bin/make  gtk-update-icon-cache
make[3]: `gtk-update-icon-cache' is up to date.
GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE=../gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.loaders ./gtk-update-icon-cache --force --ignore-theme-index \
   --source builtin_icons stock-icons > gtkbuiltincache.h.tmp &&        \
mv gtkbuiltincache.h.tmp gtkbuiltincache.h
gtk-update-icon-cache: The generated cache was invalid.
make[2]: *** [gtkbuiltincache.h] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
--- End code ---

keybounce:
(Moved from the mac binary thread)
I managed to erase all macport installations needed to build gtk2, and just installed gtk2.

In the process, I ran into a bug in macport 1.8.0 (newest); it seems to build build tools before it builds libraries. If a build-tool needs a library, that library is only built for single machine, not for +universal.

So it looks like a true "from scratch" installation will take two separate build commands; one to make sure that libraries needed will be installed +universal, and a second to build the final programs with their build tools.

===

... and that is now questionable, as it seems I missed a few after all.

Still having trouble making a universal. This time with a better clean, and trouble on a different package. (Naturally, on 10.6 it compiles universal for i386 and x86_64 just fine.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version