Technical support > Mac

Problem with making a Mac universal binary

(1/5) > >>

sandrock:
Hey folks - new to the forums, been lurking a bit.
After playing with the stable 2.2.1 release for a while, I thought I'd try my hand at SVN-ing and compiling the 2.3 development version.
So, I followed the directions here:http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Compile_for_Mac
Using Macports. Oh, and I'm on a Macbook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz

Trouble is, after I've gone through make/make lang/make maps/make pk3 steps, and try the make bundle TARGET_CPU=universal command, i get this message in Terminal:
cp: ../../../../radiant/uforadiant: No such file or directory
make: *** [copybinaries] Error 1

it does make a UFOAI.app file, but when I click on the app, it gives me this dialogue box:
You can't open the application "UFOAI" because it is not supported on this architecture

I'm a bit new to all this compiling and whatnot (though i'm eager to learn) - can anyone point me in the right direction here?
How do I tell what architecture my system uses?

I'd really love to be able to compile the newest versions, make dmgs, and upload them for you all, since it only takes me a few hours to do the whole process, and it seems there's just a couple others on here who have Macs fast enough and with enough space to do that.

Mattn:
running

./configure --enable-universal && make && make macinstaller

should be all you need

sandrock:
Mattn, thank you for the quick response ;-)

i ran the command string you posted, and this is what I got back (well, the end of it):

cd src/ports/macosx/installer; make TARGET_CPU=universal
cp: ../../../../radiant/uforadiant: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [copybinaries] Error 1
make: *** [macinstaller] Error 2

Mattn:
ups - also type

make uforadiant

please

sandrock:

--- Quote from: Mattn on September 03, 2009, 09:00:15 am ---ups - also type

make uforadiant

please

--- End quote ---

I did type "make uforadiant" and then tried "make macinstaller" again, but received the same error message as before.
Looking through the log of the "make uforadiant" action, it looks like i'm getting quite a few errors, though in all honesty i don't know code at all so they could be nothing.

--- Code: ---[sandrock-meets-pascal:~/ufoai/trunk] sandrock% make uforadiant
 * [RAD] src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp
In file included from src/tools/radiant/libs/debugging/debugging.h:30,
                 from src/tools/radiant/include/modulesystem.h:31,
                 from src/tools/radiant/include/iscenegraph.h:242,
                 from src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp:30:
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:36:18: error: glib.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/tools/radiant/libs/debugging/debugging.h:30,
                 from src/tools/radiant/include/modulesystem.h:31,
                 from src/tools/radiant/include/iscenegraph.h:242,
                 from src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp:30:
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:36:18: error: glib.h: No such file or directory
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h: In function ‘TextOutputStreamType& ostream_write(TextOutputStreamType&, double)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:131: error: there are no arguments to ‘g_snprintf’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘g_snprintf’ must be available
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:131: error: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h: In function ‘TextOutputStreamType& ostream_write(TextOutputStreamType&, const HexChar&)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:199: error: there are no arguments to ‘g_snprintf’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘g_snprintf’ must be available
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h: In function ‘TextOutputStreamType& ostream_write(TextOutputStreamType&, const FloatFormat&)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:218: error: there are no arguments to ‘g_snprintf’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘g_snprintf’ must be available
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h: In function ‘TextOutputStreamType& ostream_write(TextOutputStreamType&, const Decimal&)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:237: error: there are no arguments to ‘g_snprintf’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘g_snprintf’ must be available
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h: In function ‘TextOutputStreamType& ostream_write(TextOutputStreamType&, double)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:131: error: there are no arguments to ‘g_snprintf’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘g_snprintf’ must be available
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:131: error: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h: In function ‘TextOutputStreamType& ostream_write(TextOutputStreamType&, const HexChar&)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:199: error: there are no arguments to ‘g_snprintf’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘g_snprintf’ must be available
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h: In function ‘TextOutputStreamType& ostream_write(TextOutputStreamType&, const FloatFormat&)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:218: error: there are no arguments to ‘g_snprintf’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘g_snprintf’ must be available
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h: In function ‘TextOutputStreamType& ostream_write(TextOutputStreamType&, const Decimal&)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/stream/textstream.h:237: error: there are no arguments to ‘g_snprintf’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘g_snprintf’ must be available
src/tools/radiant/libs/string/string.h: In function ‘int string_compare_nocase(const char*, const char*)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/string/string.h:88: error: ‘g_ascii_strcasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
src/tools/radiant/libs/string/string.h: In function ‘int string_compare_nocase_n(const char*, const char*, size_t)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/string/string.h:97: error: ‘g_ascii_strncasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
src/tools/radiant/libs/string/string.h: In function ‘int string_compare_nocase(const char*, const char*)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/string/string.h:88: error: ‘g_ascii_strcasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
src/tools/radiant/libs/string/string.h: In function ‘int string_compare_nocase_n(const char*, const char*, size_t)’:
src/tools/radiant/libs/string/string.h:97: error: ‘g_ascii_strncasecmp’ was not declared in this scope
src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp: In function ‘void PicoPrintFunc(int, const char*)’:
src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp:60: error: ‘g_message’ was not declared in this scope
src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp:68: error: ‘g_warning’ was not declared in this scope
src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp:76: error: ‘g_critical’ was not declared in this scope
src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp: In function ‘void PicoPrintFunc(int, const char*)’:
src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp:60: error: ‘g_message’ was not declared in this scope
src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp:68: error: ‘g_warning’ was not declared in this scope
src/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.cpp:76: error: ‘g_critical’ was not declared in this scope
lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/folders/I+/I+wF2o4r2RaxDU+1YuUSk++++TI/-Tmp-//ccUCOMBK.out
make: *** [debug-darwin-universal/tools/radiant/plugins_cpp/tools/radiant/plugins/model/plugin.o] Error 1

--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version