project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: no soldiers in tactical mission  (Read 3537 times)

canahari

no soldiers in tactical mission
« on: August 09, 2006, 07:52:17 pm »
Hi!

I've downloaded the RC3 (linux).

My first problem: the game didn't install to an existing directory. On the install window was the "Base install" option gray, unselected and unselectable. After I deleted the old dir, the install was successful.

My second problem (and because of it the game is unplayable now for me): in the game seems all to work correctly, but in a tactical mission, there are no soldiers of mine. Down on the screen (where the soldiers' stats are) there are the stats of my team's first member, but his/her TU and health band aren't on their place.
(Excuse me, because of my bad English I cannot explain it better. I'll try to make a screenshot :)

The soldier selecting buttons (1, 2, 3 etc) are all gray. In the console output I've found lines like these:

NoName has taken control over team 1.
(player 0) It's team 1's round
Couldn't open 'music/mission2.ogg'
Nobody selected.
Nobody selected.
Nobody selected.

After I end the turn the aliens are shooting, and after that the mission is ending. The report: aliens survived: 1, aliens killed: 0, team death: 0, team survivors: 0 (or so with other words, I dont remember exactly)  

Sorry for my bad English, I'm just learning English :) I hope you understand me. :P

PS: And please explain me how can I destroy base buildings :)

canahari

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 08:23:30 pm »
Huh!
Perhaps it was my fault! I downloaded the install file from liflg.org instead of sourceforge, and I've don't realised that it was an older file. It wasn't the RC3, but the RC2.

I'm downloading the RC3 now from sourceforge, and I'll try with it.

Rei

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 08:26:45 pm »
Note that even RC3 isn't the latest; there are known bugs in RC3 that you will undoubtedly encounter that are already patched in devel.  

Probably the biggest one is that, if you want your people to have weapons, you need to select the top eight soldiers from the list. Otherwise, you'll get hit by the annoying bug wherein you're in battle and most of your people are unarmed  ;)

Whenever you encounter a bug, check the bugtracker to see if it's already reported.

canahari

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 09:37:36 pm »
Ok. Thanks for advices. :)

So is it (this weapon-inventory disappearing issue) fixed now in the devel version, and this "workaround" you wrote here, works in RC3?
Or is this bug exist yet and the "workaround" works only in devel and not in RC3? :)

And a next question what I care to ask: in RC3 when I win a mission and I have got some dead soldiers, the equipage of dead soldiers is lost. I've played with XCom1, XCom2 and XCom3, but that wasn't so - the living soldiers brought back the deads' weapons and armament. Now when my soldiers die rapidly, I go out the stuff soon. Is this normal? Is this a feature? Or, its a bug, and is it fixed in the devel perhaps...? :)

By the way, the tactical works good in the RC3. Hurrah!

HaJo

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 09:43:21 pm »
Quote from: "canahari"
So is it (this weapon-inventory disappearing issue) fixed now in the devel version,
and this "workaround" you wrote here, works in RC3?
Or is this bug exist yet and the "workaround" works only in devel and not in RC3?

In RC3 you can play fairly normally when using only the first 8 soldiers.

In later devel-versions you can use any soldiers you like.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 10:34:41 pm »
And a next question what I care to ask: in RC3 when I win a mission and I have got some dead soldiers, the equipage of dead soldiers is lost.

This is a known old bug, not yet fixed.

HaJo

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 10:35:11 pm »
in RC3 when I win a mission and I have got some dead soldiers, the equipage of dead soldiers is lost.
Is this normal? Is this a feature? Or, its a bug, and is it fixed in the devel ?

It is a bug, and it has not been fixed yet, at least until svn-2359.

Workaround: edit the numbers in base/ufos/equipment.ufo
to give you more items.

canahari

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 10:45:01 pm »
Thank you all for the assistance. :) I'll try the new devel tomorrow.