project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: It happens nothing  (Read 6284 times)

Issan

It happens nothing
« on: April 20, 2009, 03:16:18 pm »
Hello,
I discovered UFO AI a few days ago and I'm really happy to find such games.
First of all congratulation for the work!

I have a problem after a lot of playing time I have 5 bases and I'm stuck in the game, it happens nothing. There are no aliens coming to earth. Is it a bug? or is that the solo campaign is not complete? I play on windows with 2.2.1.
thank you.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: It happens nothing
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 03:18:50 pm »
You've just done everything there is in 2.2.1.

Issan

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 03:22:21 pm »
Ok I can then leave the computer ;-)
thank you for the quick response!

odie

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:18:01 pm »
Ok I can then leave the computer ;-)
thank you for the quick response!

Well actually Issan,

U can help beta test the version 2.3 development version! :P

We need beta testers too! :)

Scryth

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 03:06:29 pm »
What does it take to be a beta-tester? What should I do? It seems that I will get some free time from the beginning of August and would gladly volunteer.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 03:33:39 pm »
What does it take to be a beta-tester? What should I do? It seems that I will get some free time from the beginning of August and would gladly volunteer.

You can try out the 2.3 development version by either downloading from SVN and compiling the game (which might be difficult if you don't know programming or how to compile source code), or, much easier, if you're running Windows you can search this forum for a download link to a pre-built .EXE installer, either one I've uploaded or one that Odie has put together.

Scryth

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 05:54:24 pm »
You can try out the 2.3 development version by either downloading from SVN and compiling the game (which might be difficult if you don't know programming or how to compile source code), or, much easier, if you're running Windows you can search this forum for a download link to a pre-built .EXE installer, either one I've uploaded or one that Odie has put together.
Well, neither option is suitable – I'm using Mac and am NOT familiar with code compiling. Actually I tried to do that once (I thought to contribute in level design since I'm working as full-time graphic designer and have a bit experience in 3D modelling) but failed in very beginning.
Anyway... I hope to find some way to be useful some day.
So far so good :-)

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 06:48:27 pm »
I remember some of the Mac people here uploaded some installers in the Mac section of the forum.  You could try reading some of the threads there to find links, although I don't know off-hand how up-to-date those installers are, as they aren't uploaded as often as test ones for Windows.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 07:51:27 pm »
As far as I know Mac port is a bit broken (for PPC at least) now. keybounce tries to make it working again. So beta testers are needed on that platform too. If you can (learn) debug/fix the issues would be great help but reporting them is also good.

-geever

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 03:37:06 am »
(I thought to contribute in level design since I'm working as full-time graphic designer and have a bit experience in 3D modelling)

We could also use people working on 3D models here as well - would you be interested in contributing in such a way?  Can you please elaborate a little bit on your skills in this area?

odie

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 09:14:18 pm »
Well, neither option is suitable – I'm using Mac and am NOT familiar with code compiling. Actually I tried to do that once (I thought to contribute in level design since I'm working as full-time graphic designer and have a bit experience in 3D modelling) but failed in very beginning.
Anyway... I hope to find some way to be useful some day.
So far so good :-)

OOooo,

Maybe u could list the experience with graphics here? I.e. What kinda graphics do u usually play with / generate.

Look at the forum here on graphics, they could use tons more ppl with experience, like yourself, there. :D

I ma not really a graphics person, but u sure r! :D

Go on, make yourself introduced and at home there! The graphics designers would love to meet ye! :D

Offline Sheena-Tiger

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 04:59:49 pm »
just reading a bit and thought might be the same good place as any else ^^

i would like to help too, if possible, but i guess i not have the actual skills till now, but i list what i have ^^

-php-coding
-poser (hell i want to extend that to actual real modelling... still search for someone to show me how to begin -.-)
-gameing since a hell of years ^^