project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Some questions...  (Read 2754 times)

jryan

Some questions...
« on: August 08, 2006, 04:58:19 pm »
I know this is a beta.  So I am wondering if the following are known bugs:

1) If I buy weapons before equiping the drop ship, no weapons are available to equip my soldiers.

2) I can't seem to get the drop ship to the target... in one instance of the game I had to intercept a ship and was taken to a screen I had never seen before of since where I gave the ships engines and weapons.... how do I get to that screen without going through the "You have no armed ships!" warning message?

... that is it so far.  But they are big.  I can't seem to do anything but play dress-up with the starting equipment.  :(

kowitz1

Re: Some questions...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 05:02:28 pm »
Quote from: "jryan"
1) If I buy weapons before equiping the drop ship, no weapons are available to equip my soldiers.

Yes, this is a known bug.  Only the first 8 can be equiped.  If you select and equip soldiers further down the list, they will enter combat without weapons.

Quote from: "jryan"
2) I can't seem to get the drop ship to the target...

I've had this issue as well, but it's hard to duplicate.  I save before I send a ship, then, if it doesn't work, I can try again.

One method that seem to help me a bit was to retarget the ship to any point along the path, then after letting it fly a bit, retarget it to the downed ufo.

jryan

Some questions...
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 05:13:34 pm »
1) Not a problem... I figured it out.  I was selling instead of buying. :P

2) I click on the target site and it says my ship is idle... I launch the ship and can't click it.  I will keep fighting with it.  After the mistake of #1 it is probably something I am doing. :)

jryan

Some questions...
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 05:36:30 pm »
It was somethin I was doing.  I think a manual would help.  But it would still be hard to explain how that system works. :)

THe combat is great though!!!!